2023 Andrea Levy Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh in the United Kingdom
2023 Andrea Levy Scholarships is a Scholarship programme for students with Caribbean heritage whereby they can study at the University of Edinburgh in the United Kingdom, to apply and be offered such admission you also need to be fully eligible in order to be offered such admission. The University of Edinburgh is honored to offer scholarships that support Black African and Caribbean heritage applicants from socio-economically challenged backgrounds, made achievable by a gift from the family of the late Andrea Levy.
The Scholarship is organized to aid your living expenses and to cover your tuition fees, throughout your degree fully.
Eligibility for the 2023 Andrea Levy Scholarships:
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- Have one of the following categories of ethnicity: Black Caribbean; Black African; Black Other; Mixed – White/Black Caribbean; Mixed – White /Black African; or Other mixed backgrounds that include Caribbean heritage. We particularly encourage applicants with any form of Caribbean heritage to apply.
- Be starting a first undergraduate full-time degree programme at the University of Edinburgh in the 2023-24 academic year.
- Have been assessed for fee status as a ‘home’ student (meaning that you ordinarily live in Scotland, England, Wales, or Northern Ireland).
- Have a household income below £34,000 per annum.
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award: The Scholarship will cover the following:
- Your tuition fees, and
- A stipend of £5,000 per annum to help with your living expenses
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Method of Application: As part of the application process you will be asked to confirm the following information:
- Full name
- Student number (e.g. S1234567) or if not known your UCAS number
- Programme of study
- Name of School or College you are currently attending
- Email address
- Confirmation that you have applied, been assessed for, and expect to be in receipt of the maximum level of support from the government through the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS), Student Finance (England, Wales, or Northern Ireland) for tuition fees and maintenance loans and that you have provided consent to share your information with the University.
- Confirmation this is your first undergraduate degree programme, and you have not started a degree programme previously
- Confirmation you understand external representatives supporting this scholarship will be reviewing your application and any submitted documentation as part of the selection process.
- An agreement that your UCAS references (personal and supporting statements) will be used as part of the selection process.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview to discuss their aspirations and answer any questions. Further information and guidance will follow.
Application Deadline: April 14, 2023