2024/25 Korean Government Scholarships Program (KGSP)
The Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) is granted to international students who wish to further Bachelor, Master, and PhD degrees in Korean Universities. The scholarship is aimed to offer international students an opportunity to perform advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea, to develop global leaders, and to strengthen Korea-friendly networks worldwide. 2024/25 Korean Government Scholarships Program (KGSP)
In 2024, the Korean Government’s Global Korea Scholarship program aims to invite international students who desire to further undergraduate degrees in Korea.
Please contact the first round of selection organizations (embassy or university) to get detailed information regarding the application submission such as the application deadline, required documents, interview, etc. Application submission deadline may differ by each embassy or university that conducts the first round of selection.
As for the application guidelines and FAQ, please refer to the attached files
Applications (Embassy, University) are expected from:
- Undergraduate: Mid-September 2023 to October 2023
- Graduate: Mid-February 2024 to March 2024
MERITS OF SCHOLARSHIP
- Medical Insurance
- Settlement Allowance
- Completion Grants
Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea in pursuit of academic degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE KGSP
To be eligible for the Korean Government Scholarship, applicants are required to have met the conditions below:
- Candidates and their parents must hold non-Korean citizenship.
- KGSP-G: under 40
- KGSP-U: under 25
- Candidates must be physically and mentally healthy for their studies in Korea.
- KGSP-G: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- KGSP-U: High school diploma
- The cumulative grade point average (CGPA) must be 80% or higher; or
- The CGPA must be 2.64/ 4.0, 2.80/ 4.3, 2.91/ 4.5, or 3.23/ 5.0 or higher.
- Applicants should submit their applications either to the Korean Embassies around the world or to the partnering universities in Korea – The embassies and universities select the successful candidates among the applicants in the 1st round of selection.
- The applicants of the successful candidates will then be forwarded to NIIED
- The NIIED selection committee selects the successful candidates among those who passed the 1st round.
- Among the successful candidates who have passed the 2nd round, the applications of those who applied through the Korean Embassies will be reviewed by universities for admission.
- Successful candidates must get admission from at least one of the universities.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- 2024 GKS-U Application Guidelines (Korean).pdf [741878 byte]
- 2024 GKS-U Application Forms.docx [102843 byte]
- 2024 GKS-U FAQ.pdf [478282 byte]
- 2024 GKS-U University Information.zip [32663055 byte]
- 2024 GKS-U Promotion Poster.pdf [14929460 byte]
Application submission deadline may differ by each embassy or university that conducts the first round of selection.
Applicants can apply for the Korean Government Scholarship through the Korean Embassy in their home country or a participating Korean University.