FAO-2023 Hungarian Government Scholarship for Advancing Countries
The FAO-Hungary scholarship program is accorded to applicants from advancing countries who are keen on pursuing a degree program in Hungary. This opportunity qualifies a selected group of young professionals to study English at one of Hungary’s agricultural universities. FAO-2023 Hungarian Government Scholarship for Advancing Countries
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is an international organization that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and enhance nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded on 16 October 1945
Eligibility: Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Citizenship and residency of one of the eligible countries
- Excellent school achievements
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English)
- Good health
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred)
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo1, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Republic of Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North Korea, State of Palestine, the Philippines, Republic of Cabo Verde, Serbia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
To be taken at (University): The following universities in Europe are participating:
- Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Buda Campus, Budapest
Eligible Fields of Study:
- Master in Agricultural Water Management Engineering
- Master in Biotechnology
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship covers student costs only; family members are not supported within the frame of this program.
The scholarship will cover the following:
- application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes;
- dormitory accommodation;
- subsistence costs;
- health insurance.
Method of Application: Interested applicants should prepare a dossier to be sent by email (to REU-Scholarship@fao.org) consisting of:
- Application form duly completed
- A recent curriculum vitae
- A copy of the high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or a copy of the diploma attachment
- A copy of the certificate of proficiency in English
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number
- A letter of recommendation
- Statement of motivation
- Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by a local police authority.
Application Deadline: 28th February 2023
All applicants are expected to fill out the application.
Please EMAIL this application together with your COMPLETE dossier to: REU-Scholarship@fao.org