French Agency for Development (AFD) 2023 Digital Challenge for African Start-ups
The 2023 Digital Challenge is a contest established and organized by the French Agency for Development (AFD) for individuals who are currently making projects that have a legal structure based in one or more African countries. AFD Group continually strengthens its support for African start-ups and digital players for the sixth consecutive year. Since 2016, the annual goal of the AFD Digital Challenge has been to recognize these projects, promote them and accelerate their development. This latest edition of the AFD Digital Challenge is dedicated to digital technology for cultural and creative industries. The Cultural and Creative Industries (CCI) are not only a place for entertainment, but they are also a significant lever for economic and social development. The function of these industries goes beyond their mere potential for wealth creation, as they participate actively in strengthening social cohesion, inclusion, the valorization of African cultures, and the emancipation of citizens.
Eligibility Requirements for the French Agency for Development (AFD) 2023 Digital Challenge
- Your digital project involves one of the six main sectors of activity of the Cultural and Creative Industries
- Your project offers a digital solution to one of the following three challenges
Transformation of the modes of production and consumption of cultural and creative goods and services
– Enhancing the value of African cultural heritage and legacies
– Promotion of inclusive access to cultural and creative content
- Your project is currently in the seed phase (prototyping or beginning of commercialization with an indicative annual turnover of 0 to 18 000€) or in the acceleration phase (economic model and user market established with an indicative annual turnover of 18 000 to 250 000€/year
- Your project has a legal structure based in one or more African countries
- Your project has a sustainable and autonomous economic model
- Digital technology is at the heart of your solution
The electronic application form consists of two parts:
● An administrative section, covering the administrative and legal nature of the Participant (company name, date of creation, governance, etc.).
● A project section, focusing on the qualitative aspects of the entrepreneurial project put forward by the Participant in the framework of the Challenge (business purpose, turnover, description of the service/product, etc.).
Application Deadline: February 23, 2023