Hungary Scholarship Program Opportunity 2023
The Scholarship for Christian Young People (SCYP) is an organization in Hungary which is now setting up a real opportunity for Christian young individuals who are having crisis wherever they are living or are being threatened in their respective countries because of their Christian race. The Hungary Scholarship Program for Christian Young People is based on the participation between the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary and churches, pursuing humanitarian activities in crisis regions. Hungary Scholarship Program Opportunity 2023
The core objective of the SCYP is to deliver opportunities to pursue higher education studies in Hungarian host institutions for Christian youths residing in crisis regions of the world or being endangered in their countries because of their faith or religion.
Eligibility for the Hungary Scholarship Program Opportunity 2023:
- The applicants may not have Hungarian citizenship.
- Local Churches are to verify and prove that the applicant belongs to their religious community. Only those applications can be awarded with scholarship, which also possess the recommendation from the local Church along with the approval of the Deputy State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians.
- Scholarship holders must possess the relevant language and education certificates, degrees requested by the host university of the selected degree programme.
Eligible Countries: Egypt, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Iraq, State of Israel, Palestine, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Republic of Kenya, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia & Nigeria.
Type: Bachelor, Masters
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Tuition-free education – exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend – bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 119 000 (cca. EUR 380) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- Accommodation – dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of travel costs – HUF 200 000 /year (cca. EUR 645)
- Medical insurance – health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca. EUR 205) a year/person
Application Deadline: 31st January 2023 (until 23:59 Central European Time).