MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa 2023.
Apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program on Trueport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) in collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars Program presents academically talented youths from Africa fronting financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an explicit opportunity to acquire world-class University education. MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa 2023.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa will supply full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking candidates.
Eligibility for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa:
1. Only youth not exceeding 29 years old in the following categories qualify:
- Young women and men. Young women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Refugees and displaced youth;
- Youth with disabilities.
2. Scholars must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Academic talent: They must value learning and have a personal motivation to complete their education. Must meet the university admissions requirement as per the Kenya Commission for University Education or its equivalent.
- Commitment to giving back: Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to improving their communities through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities.
- Leadership potential: Scholars must show commitment to becoming change makers, role models, and mentors who embrace ethical leadership.
3. Must be interested in, and meet USIU admissions criteria and academic qualifications to undertake, any of the approved 11 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology;
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS)-Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business Administration (CSOB)- Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration, and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) -Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- More information about the above-highlighted degree programs can be found on the university website
Eligible Countries: Africans
To be Taken at (Country): Kenya
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Laptops, books, and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurance;
- Transport to and from home;
- Access to leadership training;
- Access to entrepreneurial training;
- Psycho-social support, career counseling, and mentorship;
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.
Duration of Award: 4 years
Method of Application:
- Application form
- Submit completed application forms by email as an attachment, ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all required documents are clearly legible and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them at Main Administration Building, Admissions Office, USIU-Africa or post to:
Program Director, Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, USIU-Africa, P.O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi
- Direct any queries through E-mail at email@example.com or phone +254730 116 218 or in person
Application Deadline: 20th February 2023