The 2023 FSDH Female Founders Growth Programme
The Female Founders Growth Programme is a unique accelerator and investment readiness programme under the FSDH Women in Business Initiative, our value-added initiative for women in business in Nigeria, designed to encourage and empower women-led businesses to succeed through access to the right information, opportunities, and networks.
The Female Founders Growth Programme is particularly planned in collaboration with the International Finance Corporation (IFC), and WEAV Capital designed to assist female-led tech start-ups in Nigeria. The chosen startups will participate in a world-class Investment Readiness Programme created to support high-potential female-led tech companies to increase capital. The program will be delivered jointly by the IFC and WEAV Capital.
Chosen startups will benefit from tailored-made and immersive sessions concentrated on enhancing their business model, developing their fundraising strategy, and designing their data room for investors. Chosen start-ups will also benefit from rigid training in financial management, cash flow optimization, and investment readiness for both equity and debt financing.
Each Participant Will Also Benefit From:
- Matching with a business coach from leading global institutions to work with their business.
- Expert office hours with seasoned subject matter experts across various fields.
- Networking with leading investors in venture capital and venture debt.
The 6-week virtual program will begin in mid-October and end in November culminating with a Demo-day showcase, where founders will have the opportunity to pitch to a pool of investors, accelerators, and business leaders. The top pitch will win non-equity funding of $10,000. All chosen start-ups will have the potential to acquire funding from participating investors in the programme.
In order to be eligible for the program, companies need to meet the following criteria:
- Have a female founder or co-founder (at least one female needs to be on the founding team)
- Have a Minimum Viable Product and some initial users.
- Achieved annual revenues between $50,000 and 1 million.
- Received less than $500,000 in funding.
Been in operation for more than a year, but less than 5 years.
- Be a technology or technology-enabled business in any sector
- Be an early-stage (pre-seed or seed) company seeking to raise an institutional round of funding to develop their product to the next stage of growth.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
The 6-week virtual program will commence in mid-October and end in November. The time commitment required for the program is approximately 5 hours a week.
STRUCTURE OF PROGRAMME
The Female Founders’ Growth Programme will be held for a complete period of 6 weeks and will consist of Mentorship sessions, Masterclasses, and an Investor Pitch Day.
The Growth Programme will offer participants access to the following:
- Access to qualified, experienced faculty via the Masterclasses and Mentoring Sessions.
- Access to IFC’s Financial Management Training Programme
- Non-equity grant of $10,000
- Access to Community and Support from Peer Founders.
- Access to a Community of leading entrepreneurs.
- Access to Funding and Investment opportunities.
Application Deadline: October 6th, 2023 by 11:59 PM WAT