The 2023 Lateef Jakande Leadership Academy for Nigerian Youths
The 2023 Lateef Jakande Leadership Academy for Nigerian Youths is a Nigerian youth development initiative visualized by the Nigerian government to motivate the nation’s young population. The program is named in honor of the late Nigerian statesman Lateef Jakande, a giant of the Nigerian national development agenda in the 1980s. The Academy is planned to empower youths by providing them with mentorship, guidance, and resources to be effective citizens and leaders of the future. The Academy utilizes a four–pillar approach that concentrates on leadership development, entrepreneurship, environmental literacy, and civic engagement. Through this program, the government seeks to formulate leadership skills amongst young Nigerians, ultimately creating a better nation and a brighter future.
The Academy is a one-year fellowship programme created by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu that will offer life-changing, non-partisan, and meritocratic opportunities to Nigerian youths who wish to impact their generation. We seek to develop future leaders by providing them with the essential skills to positively affect public service and teach them the ethics and values of dedicated leadership through direct mentoring and on-the-job training.
Eligibility Conditions for the 2023 Lateef Jakande Leadership Academy
The Lateef Jakande Leadership Academy is a program that seeks to create skills, awareness, and a nuanced perspective amongst young people to address challenges in different fields including the public sector. The applicant should basically have/be;
- A citizen of Nigeria and Resident of Nigeria
- Aged 35 and below (37 for women applicants
- At least 3years of /work experience
- NYSC discharge/exemption certificate
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Lagos State Government
Fellowship Type: Post-Graduation Fellowship
Host Institution(s): Various
Fellowship Worth: Not Stated
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Recent Graduates
Duration: 1 year
Procedures for Application
To order for this fellowship, applicants must adhere to the following procedures;
- Apply Online: You can start your journey into the Academy by simply clicking on the “APPLY NOW” button on the program’s official page
- Computer-Based Test (CBT): Your application would be assessed and you would be shortlisted to take the Computer Based Test if you meet all criteria. The test would involve verbal, numeric, and current affairs.
- Assessment Center: This is a series of tests and interviews including written and oral presentations, group discussions, and competency assessment.
- Admission: This is the final stage of your application. You would be offered a slot into the Fellowship if you are selected
Application Deadline: Not Specified