The 2023 Meta Research PhD Fellowship Program for PhD Students
The 2023 Meta Research PhD Fellowship Program is a scholarship and training program for PhD students concerned with furthering a career in research. The program is organized to offer financial and professional support to students enrolled in a doctoral program in any area of research, including but not limited to humanities, natural sciences, engineering, and social sciences.
The Meta Research PhD Fellowship program is available to students in any year of their PhD study. People of various backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply, especially those from traditionally under-represented minority groups. Applications are assessed based on the strength of the student’s research statement, research impact, and recommendation letters.
Winners of the Fellowship will obtain:
- Two years of paid tuition and fees
- A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs
- A paid visit to Meta headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit (pending COVID office restrictions event may be virtually held)
- and various opportunities to engage with Meta researchers.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE 2023 META RESEARCH PhD FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
You are eligible to apply for the program as long as you are:
- Enrolled in a PhD program at an accredited university in the fall following the application cycle (i.e., Fall 2023);
- Engaged in research related to computer science and engineering in areas relevant to Meta, as specified in the Available Fellowships section;
- The program is open to students at all accredited universities around the world.
- Once you input your recommender’s email address, the system will trigger an email to their inbox directly. You will be informed when they have submitted your letter.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been submitted.
- You will receive two additional confirmation emails when each of your references have submitted your letters of recommendation.
- You will receive a final email notification once your entire application including letters of recommendation has been submitted.
- Applicants will be notified of award decisions in late January.
IF YOU DO NOT GET TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION BY OCTOBER 6TH, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT MOVE FORWARD TO BE REVIEWED
- Application Opens: August 3rd
- Application Closes: September 20th
- Reference Letters Due: October 6th
- Review Process Opens: October 11th
- Winners notified: January 18th
- Blog Announcement of Winners: Week of Jan 31st
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- Please read and fill out the application form carefully and thoroughly.
- Please select the appropriate and relevant research area fellowship that is most aligned with your research.
- Once you have finished filling out the application please ‘mark it as complete.’
- Request two letters of recommendation. One of these letters should be from your advisor. Once you submit both of your recommender’s email addresses in the recommendation request form, ‘mark it as complete
- Click ‘Submit’ on your application once all tasks are marked as complete.
Application Deadline: September 20, 2023