The 2023 NASME Youth Empowerment Business Scheme Competition and Grants
The NASME Youth Empowerment Business Scheme Competition and Grants is a prestigious annual competition and grant program organized to enhance the growth of youth entrepreneurship in the United States. The purpose of the program is to empower young people to build and develop their own businesses while offering them resources and mentoring services. The Youth Empowerment Business Scheme Competition and grants are coordinated by NASME (National Association of Small and Minority Entrepreneurs) and sponsored by the US Department of Labor and other private corporations. This year, the competition and grants take place from June 1, 2023, and will close on June 21, 2023.
The Nigerian Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (NASME) is a national non-profit organization that embodies and advocates for the interests of nano, micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (NMSMEs) in Nigeria The association was established in 1996 as a Business Membership Organization (BMO), with the objective of encouraging the growth and development of NMSMEs in Nigeria
Eligibility Conditions for the 2023 NASME Youth Empowerment Business Scheme Competition and Grants
Ten (10) final applicants will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- The main applicant must be a young, patriotic, and passionate Nigerian citizen, 15 – 29 years old (in accordance with Nigeria’s National Youth Policy 2019 – 2023).
- The main applicant must reside in any of the 36 States or FCT in Nigeria.
- The business must solve a unique problem or provides a new/better way of solving an existing problem. Businesses targeting the SDGs or tackling a local challenge have an added advantage.
- The business must be beyond the idea stage. It must be at the proof of concept stage or early stage with the entrepreneur running this full-time.
- The business should be in one of these sectors: ICT, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Food & Beverage, Hospitality, Creatives, or Professional Services.
- The business must be less than five (5) years old from the date of incorporation.
- The business must be for-profit and have the potential for scaling.
Application Deadline: June 21, 2023