The 2023 Poetry Society Foyle Young Poets Competition for Students Worldwide
Apply now for The 2023 Poetry Society Foyle Young Poets Competition for Students Worldwide on Trueport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The Foyle Young Poets of the Year Award 2023 is now open for entries! The Foyle Young Poets of the Year Award is one of the biggest and most established prizes for young people aged 11 – 17 in the world. The 2023 Poetry Society Foyle Young Poets Competition for Students Worldwide
Eligibility for The 2023 Poetry Society Foyle Young Poets Competition:
- You must be aged between 11-17 years old by July 31, 2023.
- Entries will be accepted from anywhere in the world.
- Young poets can submit poems on any theme, of any length, and of any style.
- Poems must be written in English.
- Poems must be the original work of the author and cannot have been published anywhere.
Eligible Countries: International
Number of Awards: 100
Value of Award: Each year they select 100 winners (top 15 winners and 85 commended poets) of the Foyle Young Poets of the Year Award who win amazing prizes.
- All 100 winners will be invited to a prestigious awards ceremony in London. If Covid-19 restrictions prevent this, an online alternative will be organized.
- The top 15 winners will have their poems printed in the winners’ print anthology, c. 25,000 copies of which are distributed to schools, libraries, and poetry enthusiasts. The anthology is also available online.
- The 85 commended poets will have their work published in an online anthology and their names in the print anthology.
- The top 15 winners will be invited to attend a life-changing residential writing course at one of the prestigious Arvon Centres or receive alternative sustained mentoring from a professional poet.
- All 100 winners receive a year’s Youth Membership of The Poetry Society.
- All 100 winners will receive a goody bag full of books and other treats donated by our generous supporters.
- All 100 winners benefit from ongoing support and encouragement from the Poetry Society via publication, performance, and an internship programme. In the past year, Foyle Young Poets have been featured on BBC Radio 3, BBC Radio 4, BBC Radio 6, The Times, and The Guardian, and have been seen at events at Ledbury Poetry Festival, Library Club, Proms Lates at the Royal Albert Hall and Wenlock Poetry Festival.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2023