The 2023 UNESCO Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads Photo Contest
Apply now for the 2023 UNESCO Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads Photo Contest on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. UNESCO invites young people around the world, aged 14 to 25 years old, to take up their cameras and send their best photos to the 5th edition of the Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads contest.
The UNESCO Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads photo contest is a portion of the Organization’s Silk Roads Programme and Social and Human Sciences Sector. It encourages photography as a mechanism for promoting cultural interaction, helping build mutual understanding, and enhancing peace amongst the people living in the regions connected by the Silk Roads.
This 2023, the themes are Architecture, Monuments, and Urbanism. Entries may concentrate on either of these while focusing on mutual influences shared by people along the Silk Roads. The 2023 UNESCO Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads Photo Contest
Photographers concerned with exploring the theme of Architecture, Monuments, and Urbanism along the Silk Roads might capture the following:
- The Grandeur of ancient and medieval cities along the Silk Roads, including their monumental citadels, temples, mosques, and palaces;
- Internal architecture and designs of the historical monuments and places;
- A mix of architectural styles and motifs found in the Silk Roads cities reflects the diverse artistic influences across the region;
- Modern cities and monuments that continue to reflect the legacy of the Silk Roads, such as towering skyscrapers and museums;
- Impact of urbanism and architecture on the people and communities of the Silk Roads, from traditional neighborhoods to modern urban sprawl;
- Role of architecture and urbanism in promoting sustainable development and cultural heritage preservation along the Silk Roads, and its impact on local communities.
Photo entries will be examined by an International Selection Committee composed of the following photographers: GMB AKASH (Bangladesh), Fatimah Hossaini (Afghanistan), Liang Li (China), Gulnara Samoilova (USA), Mustafa Seven (Türkiye), and Osama Silwadi (Palestine)
- Two Categories: 14 to 17 years old and 18 to 25 years old
- Prize: Three winners in each age category will acquire a professional camera. First-place winners will gain a professional camera. Second-place winners will receive a semi-professional camera. Third-place winners will win a standard-model digital camera.
Additionally, around 60 of the best photos from the contest will display in a professional photo album. They will be showcased in an exhibition held in different locations worldwide (subject to Covid-19 restrictions).
Application Deadline: 31 July 2023 (by midnight, GMT +2)