The 2024 Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships at University of Toronto in Canada
The 2024 Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships at the University of Toronto is a prestigious scholarship granted to internationally–located students who have achieved excellent academic results. This scholarship is granted to outstanding undergraduate and graduate students every year.
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto provide an exceptional opportunity for excellent international students to study at one of the world’s best universities in one of the world’s most multicultural cities. The scholarship program is meant to identify students who exhibit exceptional academic achievement and creativity and are recognized as school leaders. A particular emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
Awarded every year, these scholarships identify outstanding students worldwide, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. This is U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto for first-entry, undergraduate programs. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
This is an amazing opportunity to obtain a world-class education while studying at the University of Toronto.
Eligibility Conditions for the 2024 Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships
In order to be eligible for the 2024 Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships, applicants must:
- • Be an international student
- • Have achieved a minimum 80% admission average
- • Have achieved “excellence” in other areas such as leadership, community involvement, or athletics
- • Demonstrate financial need
- • Be nominated by the college or faculty
Eligible Countries: International
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover
- Incidental fees,
- and full residence support for four years.
Procedures for Application
The 2024 Competition opens in September 2023. In order to apply, you are required to:
- Receive a nomination from your school. High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to partake in our program, available here in September. High schools that have partaken in a previous year will receive their nomination access starting in early September.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to commence your studies in September 2024 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines. Please be informed that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of the program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all. However, the Pearson Scholarship, if granted to you, would be restricted to your first choice of a program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application. You will receive a private link to the scholarship when your school successfully nominates you.
Pearson Scholarship Deadline Schedule
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2023
- Student OUAC admission application deadline: December 15, 2023 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; although you can apply up to December 15, 2023, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC as soon as possible. The recommended date to apply for admission is before November 7, 2023, as spaces in programs fill up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 15, 2024
Application Opens September 2023 and would be available on the APPLY NOW link below