The EarthRanger 2023 Conservation Tech Award
The 2023 Conservation Tech Award is an award launched by The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence (AI2)’s EarthRanger program. This is a prestigious award created to recognize individuals or organizations from across the globe who have leveraged cutting–edge technology to advance the cause of conservation, protect natural resources, and combat climate change. By identifying and promoting conservation–oriented activities that depend heavily on the use of technology, the award fosters the development of innovative solutions and induces broader tech–driven progress in the field of conservation.
AI2 aims to offer 2 grants, each in the amount of $15,000 USD, to organizations that placed or developed technology to create a positive mark in conservation management, including but not limited to, the security of endangered animals, animal behavioral research, anti-poaching enforcement, ecological management, and human-wildlife coexistence:
- Technology Adopter Grant: This grant is for an organization that adopted technology in new or novel ways for conservation management.
- Technology Practitioner Grant: This grant is for an organization that developed technology (e.g., software, applications, AI models/algorithms, hardware) to advance conservation management.
Eligibility Conditions for the 2023 Conservation Tech Award
The shortlisted categories of individuals are eligible for the 2023 Conservation Tech Award:
- Nonprofit and for-profit organizations and protected areas managed in whole or in part by a nonprofit or for-profit organization are eligible to apply.
- Both EarthRanger users and non-users are welcome to apply for either grant.
- All applicants must follow AI2’s Business Partner Code of Conduct.
- Past applicants including grantees with new projects or initiatives eligible to apply.
- AI2 aims to offer 2 grants, each in the amount of $15,000 USD, to organizations that placed or developed technology to create a positive impact on conservation management
Procedures for Application
- Online applications ought to be fully completed by August 18, 2023, and have a point of contact on behalf of the organization.
- All applications will be examined by AI2 for adherence to applicable laws and US government guidelines for international grantmaking.
- Applicants may only apply for one (1) grant by selecting either the Technology Adopter Grant or Technology Practitioner Grant in the online application form.