The GCA Call for Stories on Locally Led Adaptation
Apply now for the GCA Call for Stories on Locally Led Adaptation on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) and CDKN are delighted to declare a call for stories on community-driven and Locally Led Adaptation (LLA). These stories will be collectively developed and featured in a publication to be inaugurated at COP28. The GCA Call for Stories on Locally Led Adaptation
In order to make a response to climate change and development challenges in an inclusive, sustainable, and practical way, a mixture of actors and voices need to come together and cooperate. Significantly, planning, designing, implementing, and observing local interventions need to be led by communities and organizations on the ground that is equipped with their knowledge, experience, networks, and varied strengths. Learning from local procedures and adaptation interventions is necessary to also promote LLA.
Through this call, GCA and CDKN are seeking to recognize and collectively develop a number of stories that underline different lessons arising from community-driven and LLA interventions with local partners operating in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. The stories will form part of a publication that will be inaugurated at COP28 and will follow on from the Stories of Resilience – Lessons from Local Adaptation Practice, which was made by the GCA in 2022.
Eligibility Conditions for the GCA Call for Stories on Locally Led Adaptation
- GCA is seeking to identify cases from community-based, local non-governmental organizations or local governments that have recognized, prioritized, and mobilized the capacity and knowledge held by local actors to design and deliver local adaptation interventions.
- While the work of GCA and CDKN focuses on climate resilience and action, the stories could focus on lessons from other sectors too (for instance, related to processes that enable and empower local leadership or focus on a climate-vulnerable development sector such as health) to highlight learning that we could apply to the climate change adaptation field.
- The stories could highlight successful examples but could also showcase where certain strategies or approaches were tried, but did not succeed, providing rich lessons for others
- This is an open call. After evaluating the submitted story ideas, roughly ten stories will be chosen and agreed on through a series of virtual interviews conducted in either English, Spanish, French, or Bahasa Indonesia (the languages the team has the capacity to speak).
- The CDKN team will prepare the stories in English and cooperate with contributors before concluding them for publication ahead of COP28. Chapter contributors will be identified as co-authors in the stories.
Application Deadline: 12 June 2023.