The Google for Startups Black Founders Programme 2023 for Startups
The Google for Startups Black Founders Programme is a unique initiative by Google that has the major objective to support and empower Black entrepreneurs and startup founders. The program offers resources, mentorship, and networking opportunities to assist Black founders in growing and scaling their businesses.
Google for Startups Accelerator: Black Founders is a 10-week digital accelerator program for Seed to Series A technology startups in North America.
The Accelerator program is planned to bring the best of Google’s programs, products, people, and technology to Black founder communities across North America. Adding to mentorship and technical project support, the accelerator also contains deep dives and workshops concentrated on product design, customer acquisition, and leadership development for founders.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE BLACK FOUNDERS PROGRAMME 2023
To be eligible for the Google for Startups Black Founders Programme, the conditions below must be met by applicants:
- Open to technology startups with a black lead in the United States and Canada.
- The accelerator program is ideally suited for tech firms with headquarters in the US and Canada that are in the Seed to Series A revenue-producing stage.
- The entrepreneur and the necessary team members must be accessible to participate in all program parts for their cohort, and the chosen enterprises must have at least 5+ workers.
- Startups should strive to integrate AI/ML technology in their product, service, or operations and/or show an interest in utilizing this technology in the future in order to ensure Google can give substantial value.
- Equity-free Assistance: Three months of help without equity
- Mentoring: guidance from more than 20 Google teams
- Training in leadership, marketing, and design
- Strategic Assistance: assistance with business and product strategy
- Google product credits for your technology stack
- Early Entry: early use of new Google features and products
- Access to specialists access to the network of business specialists at Google
- Partnership on a Technical Project: Advanced technology project
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
The Black Founders Google for Startups Accelerator will start operations in late September 2023. The cohort will include 10–12 technology businesses with headquarters in the United States and Canada.
Application Deadline: August 2, 2023