The SEWF Communications Internship Program 2023
The SEWF Communications Internship Program 2023 is a unique 12–month program organized to offer training and hands–on experience in communications and public relations within SEWF, an international non–profit organization. The Internship Program offers an amazing opportunity to obtain insight into the culture of the organization, build and refine communications skills, and acquire practical experience. The intern will build relationships with diverse stakeholders and support the mission of SEWF.
The Communications Intern is a role in SEWF’s small but expanding team. The position is an opportunity for the applicant to gain communications and events experience within a global organization, while also contributing towards the growth of the global social enterprise movement.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for amplifying SEWF’s impact and legacy. They will assist the Communications Manager in implementing SEWF’s communication goals including supporting social media management, online campaigns, and newsletter creation. The candidate should be a creative thinker and be able to work independently yet collaboratively in a fast-paced environment within communications.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE SEWF COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM 2023
To be eligible for the SEWF Communications Internship Program 2023, applicants must have met the conditions below:
- Fluent in English [Essential]
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal) [Essential]
- Ability to manage own workload and work independently and remotely [essential]
- Familiarity with design software (e.g. Canva) [Essential]
- Ability to create social media content including captions [essential]
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and commercially [essential]
- Previous experience in a similar role or educational field of study, such as communications or journalism [essential]
- Attention to detail [essential]
- Copywriting, proofreading, and SEO knowledge [essential]
- Proficiency in MS Office and customer/content management systems (Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Notion, WordPress, etc.) [Essential]
- Team player and collaborative mindset [essential]
- Willingness to work some flexible hours before and during events [essential]
- Interest in social enterprise [essential]
- Previous experience building online membership and/or online communities [desirable]
- Design experiences such as video and graphic editing [desirable
PRIMARY DUTIES & ACTIVITIES
- Support the SEWF Communications Manager to manage SEWF’s online community growth, create social media content, and increase online engagement not only across events but for all SEWF projects and programmes.
- Work closely with the communication teams of the 2023 Co-hosts (Amsterdam Impact and Social Enterprise NL) and other partners during SEWF23 week (9-13 October) in Amsterdam.
- Support with SEWF newsletters, blogs, and event reports.
- Assist with updates to the SEWF website.
Remuneration: £12-14 per hour. The successful candidate must have the right to live and work where they are based and will be responsible for their tax and any other legal obligations.
Application Deadline: August 18, 2023