The UNHCR Youth with Refugees Art Contest 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is launching its Youth with Refugees Art Contest in 2023. The contest is available to people aged 10-30 who are either refugees themselves or have a personal connection to someone affected by conflict and forced displacement. Participants should offer a piece of artwork in one of the following categories: painting, photography, drawing, sculpture, collage, audio/video, music, and other mixed media.
The theme of the UNHCR Youth with Refugees Art Contest 2023 is “Hope away from home”. UNHCR is inviting young people worldwide to submit a drawing that illustrates the power of including refugees. This 2023, the best designs will be turned into T-shirts by our partner UNIQLO and sold to support displaced people around the world.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE UNHCR YOUTH WITH REFUGEES ART CONTEST 2023
- Between 10 and 30 years old
- You don’t need to be a professional artist.
- Anyone can be creative in their own way. Young refugees, asylum-seekers, stateless and internally displaced people are most invited to join the contest.
- This year, the best designs will be turned into T-shirts by our partner UNIQLO.
- They will be broadcasted and sold in specified UNIQLO stores (including online stores worldwide and any other channels decided by UNIQLO and UNHCR) to support displaced people globally!
- The shirts will also be shared with UNHCR and UNIQLO’s social media platforms with millions of followers. Finalists will obtain special prizes and goodies from UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency.
Application Deadline: 30 September 2023