The University Of Ottawa Undergraduate Scholarships for African Students
Apply now for the University Of Ottawa Undergraduate Scholarships for African Students on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The University of Ottawa is delighted with the diversity of its international student body.
This significant financial contribution to their education reduces their tuition fees by $17,500 to $25,000 for the excellence scholarships and by $12,000 to $20,000 for the entrance scholarships, depending on the program annually.
The Entrance scholarship cannot be combined with the Excellence Scholarship for African Students Studying in English. This scholarship program is one of the most generous in Canada. It awards not only your pre-university academic achievements but also your achievements every term of full-time study at the University. The new scholarship will offer African students studying in English pass to multiple pilot programs in three faculties for a very reduced cost of tuition.
Excellence scholarships are granted through a competitive procedure among the top candidates with an admission average of 90% or higher who apply for admission by April 1, 2024, and whose admission has been processed by April 15, 2024. Candidates whose first choice is the University of Ottawa will be favored. Recipients must start their program in September. Insofar as possible and to maximize diversity, each faculty will award the same number of scholarships.
- The Entrance and Excellence scholarship will offer incoming students a four-year scholarship to cover the partial cost of their university tuition.
- All amounts are in Canadian dollars.
- These scholarships may be renewed for up to 12 terms.
All eligible students are considered for this award and will be notified at the time of their admission. Although no application is needed for this scholarship, recipients will be asked to submit proof of citizenship of a country or territory in Africa before receiving their first installments.
The applicant must:
- Be an international student with a valid study permit;
- Have citizenship from one of the countries in Africa;
- Be enrolled full-time; and
- For the Entrance scholarship: have an admission average of 89.99% or lower once converted in our grading scale
- For the Excellence scholarship: have an admission average of a minimum of 90% once converted in our grading
- Be newly admitted in one of the following undergraduate programs offered in English or with the French Immersion
• Engineering: Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering
• Social sciences: Sociology; Anthropology, International Development and Globalization, Conflict Studies, Public Administration
• Sciences: All programs except the Honours BSc in Biochemistry / BASc in Chemical Engineering, Honours BSc in Physics/BASc in Electrical Engineering, and Honours BSc in Ophthalmic Medical Technology
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- First, the student has to apply here: https://www.ouac.on.ca/ouac-105/
- Then the University would receive the application and generate a Student Number which the prospective student would use to log into the school’s portal, UOZone, and then submit their results and documents for review.
- After a successful review, they will be offered a conditional admission offer which will include the scholarship depending on their average.
- The submission deadline for all 2022 nominations is by 5:00 p.m., Central Time, on or before 31st March 2022.
For more information about the Entrance & Excellence Scholarships, contact Collins.email@example.com or
Application Deadline: April 1, 2024