The Washington College of Law Human Rights Essay Award 2024 (Washington D.C., USA)
The Washington College of Law Human Rights Essay Award is a prestigious annual award financed by the Academy. The Award is planned at enhancing the production of academic articles in the field of international human rights law. The topic for the 2024 award is
“Protection and Guarantee of Human Rights in Digital Environments“.
Participants have the freedom to choose any subject associated to this theme. Nevertheless, the scope of the essay must directly correspond to the 2024 theme, or it will be disqualified. In addition, we would like to note that we believe international human rights law comprises international humanitarian law and international criminal law.
- Must hold a law degree, Juris Doctor, (J.D.), Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), or equivalent.
- Shall have a demonstrated experience or interest in international human rights law.
- Have the flexibility to choose any subject related to the 2024 topic: ¨Protection and Assurance of Human Rights in Digital Environments¨
- Must keep in mind the essay must be a legal article citation sources.
The Academy will grant two Awards, one for the best article in English and one for the best article in Spanish. The Award in each case will consist of:
- A full tuition scholarship to the Program of Advanced Studies on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law for either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance options (travel, housing and per diem living expenses are not included)
- The best articles may also be published in the American University International Law Review, which contains relevant and different academic material. This prestigious journal receives approximately 1,500 submissions each year and publishes legal research from professors, judges, lawyers, and renowned scholars.
- Deadline for submissions: February 1, 2024.
- Winners Announcement: April 1st, 2024 (Website)
Application Deadline: February 1, 2024 at 11:59 PM (EST).