2023/2024 Fulbright FLTA Program for Foreign Graduates
The FLTA Program is sponsored by the United States Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). As a piece of the Fulbright Foreign Student Program, the Fulbright FLTA Program is planned to grow Americans’ knowledge of foreign cultures and languages by assisting teaching assistantships in over 30 languages at hundreds of U.S. institutions of higher education.
ALSO TRENDING: The 2023 Stanbic IBTC Digital Skills Empowerment Programme (DiSEP) 3.0
Eligibility for the 2023/2024 Fulbright FLTA Program:
To be eligible for the 2023/2024 Fulbright FLTA Program, applicants are required to have met the conditions below:
- Reside in the country of nomination at the time of application
- Possess the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor’s degree with a good academic record; Master’s degrees are highly desirable at many institutions
- Are you an early career teacher of English or training to become a teacher of English, or are you an early career educator in a related field; prior teaching experience is preferred
- Have a sincere interest in teaching your native language and culture to students in the U.S.
- Are fluent in English, as demonstrated by a recent score of no less than 550 (Paper Based TOEFL), 79-80 (Internet Based TOEFL – IBT), or 6.0 (Overall Score International English Language Testing System – IELTS); test scores can be submitted to IIE by indicating the institutional code 2326 on the day of the test
- Plus, other eligibility conditions not listed on this page
Duration of Program: 9-10 months
Procedures for Application
For applicants who feel they can be a good fit for the FLTA program, Truesport encourages you to apply now. Before making an application, please ensure to notify the Fulbright FLTA Program affiliate in your home country. Here is a list of participating countries, along with contact information.
VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFO