2023 Africa Scholarship Program in Malaria Modelling at Next Einstein Forum
Apply now for the 2023 Africa Scholarship Program in Malaria Modelling at Next Einstein Forum on Trueport your best worldwide scholarship website on the Internet. MaModAfrica Consortium will offer eight fully funded positions in this unique new doctoral program. Most of the recruited students will be based in our three focus countries (Rwanda, Benin, and Mozambique) in collaboration with universities and research institutions across Africa and globally. The program aims at training future African modelers, who will have an impact across academia, industry, education, and government.
ALSO TRENDING: The 2023 African Partners Award for African Students at University of Glasgow in the United Kingdom
Eligibility for the 2023 Africa Scholarship Program in Malaria Modelling at Next Einstein Forum:
- Master’s degree or equivalent (completed by Sept 2023) in relevant quantitative fields (e.g., mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, physics, bioinformatics, econometrics, infectious disease epidemiology)
- Research potential evidenced by academic performance and involvement in relevant academic activities
- Being an African national; citizenship or permanent residence in the focus country is a plus
- Language proficiency in the spoken language(s) of the focus country/countries
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel (training courses, collaborations, conferences)
- Female applicants are highly encouraged.
Eligible Countries: Africa
To be Taken at (Country): Rwanda, Benin, and/or Mozambique
Number of Awards: 8
Value of Award:
- Length of program: 3 years
- Fully funded (stipend, equipment, health insurance, relocation costs, conference attendance, direct cost to graduating institution such as tuition fees and registration fees)
- International supervision teams from well-known research institutions
- Research topics that push the boundaries of Malaria modeling
- Program start: October 2023
Method of Application: The application must be submitted via the Google online form provided on the website. You need to have a Gmail account to submit your application.
Before starting the application process, please make sure to prepare the following documents in pdf format:
- Up-to-date resume (two pages maximum, 10MB full size)
- Transcripts of academic records (Bachelor’s and Master’s level, all in one pdf, 10MB full size),
And the following information:
- Name, affiliation, and email addresses of two persons who can provide a letter of support if asked by MaModAfrica
- Your motivation to pursue a Ph.D. in general? Here, you can also mention plans for your future career (1500 characters maximum)
- Topics choice (two topics max with ranking, and your own topic)
- Research directions you are most interested in and why? Justify why you are qualified to pursue research in this area. Here, you can also comment on your reason for choosing the research topic selected above (3500 characters maximum)
- Additional funding sources (if any)
After submission, you can choose to receive a summary email of your application to your Gmail account. You will be able to edit your application until the deadline of the call.
Contact for application details
Application Deadline: 17th March 2023