Australia Awards Africa Scholarship Program for Masters, Fellowships and Short Courses in Australia 2023/2024
Apply for the Australia Awards Africa Scholarship Program now on Truesport your best worldwide Scholarship website on the internet. The Australia Awards Africa Scholarship Program merges Masters, Fellowships and Short Course opportunities to grow skills and capabilities in key sectors, thereby contributing to social and economic development outcomes for African nations and the Sustainable Development Goals. Australia Awards directly assists Australia’s interests in the security, stability, and prosperity of the African continent by boosting African leadership and skills in fields such as agriculture and food security, climate change and adaptation, renewable energy, mining governance, and countering terrorism and violent extremism.
The Australia Awards Africa program encourages and supports Australian development and economic diplomacy objectives in a variety of ways:
- alumni apply their new skills to contribute to their country’s development
- Australia is recognized and valued by African nations as a reliable partner and source of expertise, and
- relationships are formed between Australian and African people and organizations, creating enduring partnerships and future cooperation.
Requirements for the Australia Awards Africa Scholarship Program:
- Australia Awards are open to high-caliber, mid to senior-level professional applicants from the public, private, and community sectors (civil society).
- Applications will be open to participants from Botswana, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, The Gambia, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe in the 2024 intake.
Applications are highly encouraged from women, people with disability, and marginalized groups.
Australia Awards Africa scholarships are offered for the minimum period required for the individual to meet the academic program specified by the Australian education institution, including any preparatory training.
Scholarship recipients will receive:
- Return air travel
- A one-off establishment allowance on arrival
- Full tuition fees
- Contribution to living expenses
- Introductory academic program
- Overseas student health cover for the duration of the scholarship
- Supplementary academic support
- Fieldwork allowance for research students and masters by coursework which has a compulsory fieldwork component
Applications will be shortlisted after eligibility checking and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection process will contain an interview.
Applicants will be assessed on the:
- academic competence
- the potential outcome, specifically the contribution to development outcomes in eligible countries of Africa
- professional and personal leadership attributes including relevant work experience.
Successful candidates will be notified in late 2023. Travel will be subject to meeting the requirements imposed by the Australian Government, as determined by the federal Department of Education, and must meet the requirements imposed by relevant state and territory governments.
The candidates will be required to attend:
- course counseling
- pre-departure briefing
- university’s Introductory Academic Program
- other required preparatory study on arrival in Australia.
Method of Application
- Applications must be lodged online through the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS) by 11.59 PM AEST on 29 April 2023. You will need to register and establish your eligibility before submitting your application. Applications and/or supporting documents received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Australia Awards Africa scholarship applicants must meet all eligibility requirements detailed in the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook.
- Applicants must also meet country-specific conditions and provide relevant documentation to support their application.
Application Deadline: 29 April 2023.