Study In Italy: The 2024 CICOPS Scholarship for Researchers from Advancing Countries
The 2024 CICOPS (Centre for International Cooperation for Development and Solidarity) Scholarship is a notable scholarship program that grants financial assistance to researchers from growing countries who hope to conduct research in Italy. The scholarship is established by the University of Pavia and EDiSU (Institute of the Right to University Studies) and aims at fostering research partnerships and development between Italy and developing countries. Study In Italy: The 2024 CICOPS Scholarship for Researchers from Advancing Countries
The scholarship is available to researchers from any field of study, with a preference for those operating in the fields of agriculture, health, environmental science, engineering, and information technology. The scholarship covers travel expenses, accommodation, and a daily allowance for the period of the research stay in Italy, which can vary from one to three months. Applicants must have a host institution in Italy that will provide support and guidance during their stay.
The CICOPS Scholarship 2024 gives an outstanding opportunity for researchers from advancing countries to gain international research experience and cooperate with Italian researchers. Additionally, it also helps to boost research capacity in advancing countries and facilitate sustainable development.
Eligibility Requirements for the 2024 CICOPS Scholarship:
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be from a developing country
- Have at least two years of teaching experience or activity within International organizations and institutions.
- Scholarships are organized for both junior and senior members of universities in Developing Countries or members of major research centers and international organizations or institutions with a specific interest in the field of development studies.
- CICOPS scholarships are reserved for research collaboration in the short term in order to encourage the mobility of researchers from developing countries.
- Applicants enrolled in a Doctoral or Postgraduate Course at an Italian University are not eligible to apply.
- Must have completed their PhD or be enrolled in a PhD program at their home institution
- In order to facilitate communication between staff and students, the period of stay should take place within the following dates: January 8th – July 20th, 2024, and September 9th – December 21st, 2024.
- Applications must be sent no later than May 31st, 2023 by visiting the website below and applying immediately.
The following documents would be for upload to the official website;
- Curriculum vitae ideally in European format with a list of publications (file to be named: Surname_Name_CV)
- Invitation letter from the professor or researcher with whom you intend to collaborate 1 (file to be named: Surname_Name_Letter)
The uploaded documents should be named as mentioned above. Applications without a correctly named curriculum vitae and invitation letter will not be taken into consideration.
Please only fill in your application form once you have received the letter of acceptance from your contact Professor at the University of Pavia. Incomplete applications will be rejected; no exceptions will be made.
Application Deadline: May 31st, 2023