The 2023 Youth Adaptation Solutions Challenge
Youths are now being called to lay applications for the YouthAdapt Challenge 2023, apply now on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The African Development Bank (AfDB) and the Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) are cooperatively accomplishing a strategic partnership program, the Africa Adaptation Acceleration Program (AAAP), aimed at mobilizing $25 billion to grow and accelerate climate change adaptation actions across Africa.
One among the four flagships under this program is the YouthAdapt: Empowering Youth for Entrepreneurship and Job Creation in Climate Adaptation and Resilience. Under the YouthAdapt program, AAAP is expanding youth innovations for climate action through the Africa Youth Adaptation #YouthADAPT Challenge
This cohort focuses only on female-owned enterprises working on Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) technologies and innovations for climate adaptation action in Africa and addressing gender inequality in their solutions.
Examples of 4IR technologies include
- Artificial intelligence,
- Big data analytics,
- Virtual reality,
- The Internet of Things,
- Quantum computing technologies,
- Additive manufacturing blockchain,
- Fifth-generation wireless.
They should be solutions being executed in real-life on-the-ground climate situations in Africa. This call for applications is supported by finance from the Africa Climate Change Fund (ACCF) hosted by the African Development Bank.
Below are the eligibility criteria for the Youth Adaptation Solutions Challenge:
- Entrepreneur must be between the ages of 18 to 35.
- The founder must be of African nationality or the founder must be playing an active role in the operations of the enterprise.
- The business must be legally registered in Africa.
- The business must have generated profits for the last two years.
- The business must demonstrate a direct impact on climate adaptation and resilience.
- 51% of shareholding should be female.
- Must be within the fourth industrial revolution (4IR) technologies.
Chosen female applicants will benefit from:
- Grants of up to USD 100,000 per enterprise to support their business growth plans.
- Partake in a 1-year accelerator program planned to empower the selected young entrepreneurs and their teams with tailored business development skills, mentorship, training and resources to scale-up climate adaptation innovations and promote the creation of green jobs.
- Expanding partnership, knowledge sharing, exchange and learning through a network of youth entrepreneurs in Africa.
- Tailored business development services to elevate your climate solutions and generate green jobs.
- Join the YouthADAPT Alumni Network
This support will help the enterprises to build their institutional capacity, place themselves to effectively utilize grants offered and to also mobilize additional private capital, scale up climate adaptation action at the grassroots level and create employment opportunities across Africa. Female applicants will also access training workshops tailored to provide practical skills in entrepreneurship and climate adaptation mainstreaming.
Added support will be given to these youth entrepreneurs through professional mentorship to make them to execute their business growth plans, create jobs, and support the Africa continental effort towards climate resilience.
Application Deadline: November 5th 2023.