The ACEP Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Programme
The ACEP Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Programme seeks to empower the next generation of leaders in Africa with the skills and knowledge they need to build and implement resource governance solutions. The Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program is a 3-month internship that plans to balance a dose of theory with real-world application and empower participants with the requisite multi-disciplinary intellectual development, practical skills, and research abilities to think in more innovative ways to solve complex governance challenges. The Program is also a strategy to build a pipeline of young pan-African leaders to provide a sustainable path for good governance.
The soul of our ambition is to train and encourage young people in an enabling working environment through a structured capacity development process. These will include training on transformational leadership development, professional and career development, and digital communication and technology skills. Essentially, beyond the technical training in resource governance, interns will be exposed to the tools and guidance needed to set and achieve realistic personal and professional goals, coupled with well-rounded and ethical leadership training.
ACEP is calling for applications for the 5th cohort of its Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program. The tenure for the internship will be from September to December 2023.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE ACEP NEST GENERATION RESOURCE GOVERNANCE LEADERS PROGRAMME
Applicant must be a young African who demonstrates a passion for ensuring the vast extractive resources in Africa translates to sustainable and inclusive development. Among others, the candidate must possess:
- Relevant academic qualifications, preferably in any or a combination of economics (including energy), engineering (petroleum/electrical), oil and gas management, public policy, law, political economy, development studies, development finance, project management, communications, statistics, mathematics, etc.
- Good writing skills with clarity and logical flow of thought
- Adequate knowledge of relevant qualitative and quantitative analytical tools (R, Stata, Eviews, NVivo, Atlas.ti, etc.)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
- The ability to think creatively and take the initiative in solving problems
- A good sense of ownership and responsibility for his/her decisions and actions
- A strong sense of leadership
QUALIFIED COUNTRIES: Every country across the African continent
OBLIGATIONS OF NEXTGEN LEADERS
The NextGen Leaders will supply timely and quality evidence-based policy analysis, training, and advocacy through strong collaborations, assuring that ACEP remains a thought leader in Africa’s energy and the extractive policy space. Particularly, the NextGen Leaders will:
- Contribute to writing research reports and policy briefs on the energy and extractives sector of Africa
- Support media engagement activities on ACEP’s outputs and position on energy and extractive sector issues in Africa
- Contribute to the planning, implementation, and evaluation of annual programmes
- Support organizational development activities
- Support in resource mobilization efforts, including grants and proposal writing
- Contribute to programme management, monitoring, and evaluation (M&E) activities
ACEP will provide
1. Support for growth and development through:
- Opportunities for training and development
- Coaching, mentorship, and peer support
- Creating room for creativity and innovation
2. A great stipend and free lunch for the duration of the internship
3. Decent accommodation for international interns
4. An approved return ticket from the NextGen Leader’s home country to Ghana
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- Applications are now open and will close at 23:59 GMT on Friday, August 18, 2023.
- Applicants will be required to upload a Motivational Statement, CV/Resume, and a Recommendation Letter.
- There would be an entry test and an interview as part of the recruitment process.
- Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
Application Deadline: August 18, 2023.