The Africa No Filter Grants for African Storytellers
Apply now for the Africa No Filter Grants for African Storytellers on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. Are you an African podcaster, blogger, TikToker, or vlogger devoted to narrating stories of climate change in Africa outside news that concentrates on disasters and climate crisis?
Africa No Filter, in collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation, is seeking storytellers in Africa and the Diaspora to make thrilling content that depicts a continent that is taking action against climate change.
The content must be original and across a mixed range of topics. Either of the formats below would suffice:
- Conversations with climate activists.
- Communities turning the tide against climate change.
- Profiles of entrepreneurs and innovators in the climate space.
- Original content not depicting Africa as broken and dependent content or showing Africans as lacking agency.
Content creators will obtain grants worth up to $5000 to create new content, as well as networking opportunities and support to boost their content. All content shall be delivered in English, Arabic, or French.
Eligibility Conditions for the Africa No Filter Grants
To be eligible for the Africa No Filter Grants, applicants are required to have met the conditions below:
- Open to African content creators based anywhere in Africa and the Diaspora.
- Content creators must be aged over 18 years, with a track record of producing climate content.
- Content creators must have more than two years of experience producing podcasts, blogs, vlogs, and social media content about climate action in Africa.
- Content creators must have a combined audience of at least 5,000 followers on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Content creators must not be represented by an agent or apply to represent an organization.
- Content creators can be individuals or a maximum of three hosts.
- Content creators must have a demonstrable passion for telling African climate stories beyond the usual stereotypes of poverty, disease, conflict, poor leadership, and corruption.
Submit an online application on Africa No Filter’s website. Input a short write-up about how your idea reveals a climate story beyond stereotypes, and links to your social media pages, as well as your blog or vlog or Tiktok page.
Screening of submissions: We shall review applications on a rolling basis. Kindly note that incomplete applications shall not be considered.
Application Deadline: June 29, 2023