The Goethe Institut 2024 Henrike Grohs Art Award for Emerging African Artist
Apply now for the Goethe Institut 2024 Henrike Grohs Art Award for Emerging African Artist on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. Conceived in honor of the late Henrike Grohs – a dedicated promoter of contemporary art in Africa – the prize seeks to assist excellent artistic practices and adds to cultural dialogue on the African continent. Since its inauguration in 2018, the prize has proved itself as an outstanding opportunity to enhance exceptional African contemporary art practice. Contemporary visual artists from different disciplines living and working on the African continent are eligible to apply.
The Henrike Grohs Art Award is a biennial art prize conceived by the Goethe-Institut and the Grohs family in memory of the former Head of Goethe-Institut in Abidjan, Henrike Grohs.
The Prize is conducted through an open-call process and is aimed at young artists who live and work on the African continent. It is granted biennially to an artist or arts collective practicing in the field of visual arts. The award aims to support emerging artists in their careers, responding to the challenges of practicing on the African continent. Artistic quality is the most important criterion for the award.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE 2024 HENRIKE GROHS ART AWARD
- Applicants have to be emerging visual artists living and working on the African continent.
- Artists should have been practicing for at least 5 years, with the ability to display a coherent body of work.
- Each applicant may apply only once during the current application process;
- A collective of artists should apply as one participant, but any artist who belongs to a group is not barred from applying individually as a separate participant
- The winning individual artist or collective will acquire a cash prize of 20.000€ and 10.000€ towards the production of a publication on their work.
- Two artists or collectives will be selected as runners-up and will be awarded a cash prize of 5.000€ each.
Application Deadline: August 31st, 2023