The Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships 2024 for Emerging Leaders
Apply now for the Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships 2024 for Emerging Leaders on Truespprt your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The Mo Ibrahim Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships were established in 2011 to recognize and mentor the future generation of excellent African leaders. Every year three Fellows have a chance to operate in the executive offices of the AfDB (Abidjan), ECA (Addis Ababa), or the ITC (Geneva), with a stipend of $100,000.
During their 12-month programmes, Fellows acquire both technical and leadership skills, while contributing directly to research and policy design. A unique feature of the programme is the opportunity to gain from the direct mentorship of the heads of the host organizations.
Fellowships are available to young professionals, mid-career, and new executives from Africa with relevant work experience and a master’s degree.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE MO IBRAHIM LEADERSHIP FELLOWSHIPS 2024
- National of an African country
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience
- Master’s degree
- Under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children
- Any additional criteria as set by the host
AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK (AfDB)
The fellow will obtain an annual stipend monthly paid by the Bank out of the funds provided by the Foundation. The Fellow may be required to travel to various locations on instructions of the Bank. All expenses linked to the Fellow’s official mission travel, including travel insurance but excluding travel and shipping costs relating to assumption of duty and repatriation, will be borne by the Bank.
UN ECONOMIC FOR AFRICA (UNECA)
The Foundation Fellow will be mentored by the Executive Secretary of ECA and/or a designated Representative in the Office of the Executive Secretary (OES). With this tip, the Fellow will work on the design and implementation of strategic assignments in support of the ECA’s mandate of contributing to the governance and development of member States.
The chosen Fellow will obtain a Letter of Award from the ECA before commencement of service.
- All expenses related to the Fellow’s official mission travel, including travel insurance, will be met by ECA.
- The Fellow will cover his/her own medical insurance, child education, and retirement plan arrangements for the period he/she will be working at ECA.
- The Foundation will invite the Fellow to participate in its annual Forum.
- The travel costs for the assumption of duty and repatriation at the end of the appointment will be borne and paid out of the funds provided by the Foundation.
- Fellowship details (EN)
This Fellowship opportunity at ITC is in partnership with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation. Founded in 2006 the Mo Ibrahim Foundation aims to support good governance and great leadership in Africa.
The monthly stipend rates are sufficient only to cover the normal living expenses of one person. No allowances of any kind will be paid for dependents. Fellows should also consider that, in the course of their award, they may be required to travel under circumstances that would make it difficult or impossible for their dependents to accompany them. For that reason, fellows are urged not to bring family members to the duty station.
Application Deadline: 20 October 2023.