The Pitch AgriHack 2023 Digital Agriculture Competition for Agritech Startups
The AgriHack 2023 competition is an international competition inspiring agritech startups to produce useable and innovative solutions that can revolutionize global agricultural systems. This digital agriculture competition seeks to offer platforms that promote the development and increase access to agritech solutions, spur technology–driven businesses, and develop reductions in food loss and waste along agri–value chains. Via open innovation, the competition will prioritize strengthening the dialogue between startups, AgTech influencers, and investors in the sector. The Pitch AgriHack 2023 Digital Agriculture Competition for Agritech Startups
Pitch AgriHack sustains technological innovation and entrepreneurship in agriculture across Africa. It aims at young entrepreneurs 18 to 40 years. The Pitch AgriHack competition is sponsored by Heifer International and managed by Generation Africa, a thematic platform of The AGRF. The competition will recognize and strengthen efforts by young innovators to produce resilience beyond COVID-19 through digital agriculture products and services. These innovations should be scalable and generate measurable impact on Africa’s food systems. Winners will obtain financing and continual support to scale up their innovations to remake the agriculture sector.
Eligibility Conditions for the 2023 Digital Agriculture Competition:
- Be aged 18-40 on the day of submission to the 2023 Pitch AgriHack Competition.
- Hold nationality (with official ID) from any of the 54 nations of the African Union.
- Be the founder/co-founder of the enterprise represented in the competition and play an active role in its operations and leadership.
- Have no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offenses.
- Not a previous Pitch AgriHack or GoGettaz finalist or winner.
- Submit the application form in English.
- Agree with the Terms & Conditions.
- With total prize money of USD 45,000, Pitch AgriHack 2023 will reward the most promising ventures that address key challenges and promote sustainable agricultural development across the continent.
- The competition consists of three categories: Early-stage, Mature/Growth-stage, and Women-led ventures. Three winners and three runners-up will be selected in each category, with each winner receiving a cash prize of USD 10,000 and each runner-up receiving USD 5,000.
- Finalists will be selected from among applicants through a rigorous selection process by expert reviewers who will evaluate the submissions based on their innovativeness, feasibility, and potential for impact. Selected finalists will then pitch their agritech solutions to an esteemed panel of judges, on stage at a live finale event, at the AGRF in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, from the 4th – 8th of September, where the winners will also be announced.
- Meanwhile, the AGRF Agribusiness Deal Room, attended by over 800 companies, 15 government delegations, and 150 public and private investors, will generate exciting new opportunities for these entrepreneurs to secure investments, partnerships, and mentorship.
Application Deadline: July 3, 2023