The United States Institute of Peace 2024/2025 Peace Scholar Fellowship Programme
Apply now for the United States Institute of Peace 2024/2025 Peace Scholar Fellowship Programme on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The 2024-25 Peace Scholar Fellowship competition is now open. This program partners with the Minerva Research Initiative to assist with additional fellowships. Presently, the program grants up to 18 fellowships per year, and awards support both the research and writing stages of work on dissertations.
Applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in the field of international relations, peace and conflict studies, security studies, and other related academic disciplines, as well as diplomacy and international policymaking, are strongly encouraged.
USIP seeks applications from Ph.D. candidates with high-quality, policy-relevant research that will heighten their understanding of conflict management, peacebuilding, and other applicable security-related studies. USIP firmly prefers applications closely related to the USIP Issue Areas and/or research priorities of the Minerva Research Initiative.
Particular consideration will be given to proposed research in the following areas:
- Strategic rivalry
- Global shocks and fragility
- The American approach to peacebuilding
- USIP funds up to 18 Peace Scholars for a 10-month, non-residential fellowship.
- Peace Scholars receive stipends of up to $20,000 paid directly to the individual in three tranches.
- Peace Scholar awards may not be deferred.
- Peace Scholars are required to participate in an annual workshop, in person in Washington, D.C. in Fall 2024.
- The Peace Scholar is required to submit a copy of their completed and committee-approved dissertation to USIP
Applying for the Peace Scholar Fellowship competition is a two-step process.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- All applicants must have registered for this competition even if they have registered previously for another USIP competition.
- After completing the registration, applicants must prepare and submit a complete application. USIP does not offer status updates on submitted applications at any time.
- Registration opens: on Thursday, September 7, 2023
- Registration closes: Thursday, November 16, 2023 at 4:00 PM EDT
- Application deadline: Tuesday, November 28, 2023 at 4:00 PM EDT
- Letters of reference due: Tuesday, December 5, 2023 at 4:00 PM EDT
Application Deadline: November 28, 2023 at 4:00 PM EDT