University of Cape Town MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2024 in South Africa
Apply now for the University of Cape Town MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2024 in South Africa on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The University of Cape Town (UCT) has collaborated with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars’ Program: an educational initiative that offers academically talented young people from economically disadvantaged communities in Africa access to quality university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UCT offers full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate or postgraduate (honors and master’s) degree-seeking applicants. The scholarships provide a premium educational package that will make graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognized and locally applicable, and whose transition into the workforce is underpinned by values of engaged citizenship and social justice.
These scholarships cover the full period of study and are renewable annually subject to satisfactory performance and participation in the activities and opportunities offered by the programme. Successful candidates will need to commit themselves to returning to their home countries and to invest their gained skills and education in their country’s social and economic growth.
- Academically talented – value learning and are driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged – facing significant financial barriers to completing their education.
- Committed to giving back – investing in their communities, using the skills and knowledge that they have acquired.
- Future leaders – committed to embracing ethical leadership and making a positive change in their home communities.
The scholarship includes:
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid, and accommodation.
- A relevant and recognized education through academic curricula aimed at producing graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognized and locally applicable.
- Academic and peer mentor support – to ensure that each Scholar successfully progresses academically.
- An array of cultural and transition support and training aimed at academic and professional enrichment and assisting in the challenges facing university-going students.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning – career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- In order to apply for The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, applicants must first apply to the University of Cape Town for academic study and placement.
- Only applicants, who have applied for academic study and placement at UCT, can submit an application for a Mastercard Foundation scholarship.
- The admission requirements for postgraduate study vary from one programme to another. Consult the faculty concerned directly in order to find out what is required for the course or degree that you want to take.
- Please refer to the 2024 Directions for Postgraduate Applicants and faculties for the relevant closing dates and information on courses at UCT, how to apply to the University, as well as support structures available for postgraduate students at the University
Application Deadline: July 31st, 2023