2022/2023 & 2023/2024 Borno State Scholarships
The Borno State Government is dedicated to developing its human capital by providing opportunities for its indigenes to further higher education in different fields. As part of this effort, the government has organized the Borno State Scholarships for the 2022/2023 and 2023/2024 academic years.
The Borno State Scholarships Board is delighted to notify students of Borno State origin that the online portal for scholarship enrolment will soon be accessible. This initiative seeks to offer financial assistance to Borno State indigenes who have acquired admission into recognized tertiary institutions in Nigeria for their first year of studies.
This scholarship initiative offers a priceless chance to alleviate the financial burden of higher education. Hence, eligible candidates are strongly urged to seize this opportunity, bearing in mind the crucial application dates and the imperative of submitting an error-free application.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE BORNO STATE SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship opportunity is open only to individuals who have successfully secured admission into accredited institutions of higher learning within Nigeria. Moreover, these candidates must have completed their first-year registration with the respective educational institution.
- Indigenes of Borno State
- First-year students from Borno State in Nigerian higher institutions
- The first criterion to qualify for the scholarship award is that you must be an indigene of Borno State.
- You must be a student of an approved institution.
- You must have good grades.
- Students in Higher Institutions like universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education, etc. are all expected to have a minimum CGPA of 3.0
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR APPLICATION
- Eligible candidates will have to go through screening where credentials will be verified.
- First School Living Certificate (FSLC).
- Certificate of Origin.
- Statement of Result containing your CGPA (That is for University/Polytechnic/ College/ School of Nursing Students, etc.).
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
Students are firmly recommended to exercise caution and attentiveness while filling out their application forms. The Board certifies that it will not entertain any grievances or complaints pertaining to erroneous registrations.
Application Deadline: October 14, 2023.