2023/2024 NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students To Study Abroad
Apply now for the 2023/2024 NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students To Study Abroad on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet.
The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) provides Masters and PhD Scholarships for Nigerian students from the Niger Delta to study abroad.
As part of the Human Resource Development initiatives, the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is starting the 2023 Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship Programme, to empower Niger Deltans with required training and skills for proper participation in the Local Content programme of the Federal Government, as well as compete globally in different professional fields.
The NDDC stays steadfast in its mission to enable the sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative, and politically harmonious. NDDC extends its sincere best wishes to all applicants and eagerly anticipate welcoming the scholars who will contribute to moulding a brighter future for the region.
Below are guidelines on eligibility for the NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship.
- First degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a foreign University.
- Applicants who have already enrolled in Overseas’ Universities are NOT eligible to apply.
- Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan.
- Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA
- First Class Traditional Ruler
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
- You must be an indigene of one of the following Niger Delta states in Nigeria which includes:
- Akwa Ibom State
- Bayelsa State
- Cross River State,
- Delta State,
- Edo State and
- Rivers State.
RIGID SELECTION PROCEDURE
- Candidates will undergo a comprehensive selection procedure, including preliminary shortlisting, a computer-based test in Rivers State, and final verification through respective Local Government Areas and Community Development Committees.
- The scholarship amount will be determined based on the prevailing exchange rate of the Naira.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR APPLICATION
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized Oversea University. Relevant degrees from recognized Universities.
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- Application must be made on-line at the Commission’s website: (www.nddc.gov.ng) with all the needed documents.
- Successfully complete application form will be given a registration number automatically.
- Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on the official NDDC website
Director, Education, Health and Social Services, NDDC
Mobile: +234(0)9137806550, +234(0)9049409391
Application Deadline: December 2, 2023.