2023 Dag Hammarskjöld Journalism Fellowship at United Nations Assembly for Advancing Countries
Apply for the 2023 Dag Hammarskjöld Journalism Fellowship at United Nations Assembly for Advancing Countries on Trueport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. Trueport Official is delighted to share with you that the Dag Hammarskjöld Fund for Journalists is now accepting applications from professional journalists for its 2023 fellowship program.
The fellowships are available to radio, television, print, and web journalists, aged 25 to 35, who are concerned about coming to New York to report on international affairs during the 78th session of the United Nations General Assembly in the opening 10 weeks. Travel and accommodations in New York, as well as a per diem allowance, are provided.
Eligibility for the 2023 Dag Hammarskjöld Journalism Fellowship:
The Dag Hammarskjöld Fund for Journalists fellowships are open to individuals who:
- Are native to one of the mainly developing countries of Africa, Asia (including Pacific Island nations), Latin America, and the Caribbean.
- Currently live in and write for media in a developing country.
- Are between the ages of 25 and 35.
- Have a very good command of the English language since United Nations press conferences and many documents are in English only.
- Are currently employed as professional journalists for print, television, radio, or internet media organizations. Both full-time and freelance journalists are invited to apply.
- Have approval from their media organizations to spend up to three months in New York reporting from the United Nations.
- Receive a commitment from their media organizations that the reports they file during the term of the Fellowship will be used and that they will continue to be paid for their services.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing nations of Africa, Asia (including Pacific Island nations), Latin America, and the Caribbean.
To be taken at (country): New York, USA
Type: Professional Fellowship
Number of Fellowships: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: The Fund will provide: round-trip airfare to New York; accommodations; health insurance for the duration of the fellowship, and a daily allowance to cover food and other necessities. The Fund will not be responsible for other expenses of a personal nature, such as telephone calls.
Duration of Fellowship: first three months of the General Assembly session
Application Deadline: 24th April 2023.