2024/2025 Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University
Apply now for the 2024/2025 Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University, a part of Columbia World Projects and Columbia Global, commenced the application for its seventh cohort today, welcoming rising leaders from around the world to apply to partake in a nine-month alluring program of academic, skill-based and experiential learning.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University brings together rising leaders from around the world who have displayed a commitment to sorting out solutions to challenges in their communities, countries and regions. Over the course of an academic year, Obama Foundation Scholars have the opportunity to widen their knowledge and skills and create new capacities and networks that enhance their impact in their home countries. Present and former Scholars hail from the U.S. and around the world and are accomplished practitioners in a range of fields including education, community and civic engagement, and sustainable development.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University anticipates emerging leaders from the United States and around the globe who meet the following criteria:
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “breakthrough moment” in their careers
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities
- Are fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken)
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community
- Have a demonstrated commitment to inclusivity, community-orientation, hope, courage, imagination, strategy, accountability, integrity and resilience
- Priority will be offered to applicants who have not matriculated at Columbia University.
- The fellowship is a full-time, residential program at Columbia and cannot be undertaken at the same time as a degree program.
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University
- Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City
- Air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Complete the Online Application Form by 5 p.m. ET on December 12, 2023
- RESUME/CURRICULUM VITAE
The resume/curriculum vitae must be a consecutive listing of your employment and academic history, and other remarkable activities, including any awards, publications, or other achievements․
- PERSONAL VIDEO STATEMENT
The personal video statement must be a short video (no longer than 3 minutes in length) introducing the applicant and their work to the selection committee. Applicants will upload their video statement to a video hosting service, like YouTube or Vimeo, and will include a link to their video in the online application. Additional information on the requirements for the personal video statement can be found in the online application.
Application Deadline: December 12, 2023 at 5 p.m. EST.