Dean’s Scholarship Award at University of Manchester in the United Kingdom 2023
The University of Manchester, UK is offering a scholarship opportunity to interested students who are willing to undergo a degree program at the Institution. This scholarship opportunity will be of high attraction to students of the highest caliber who have the commitment and desire to work on challenging research projects in a world-leading research environment.
Why study at the University of Manchester?
The University of Manchester is a public research university in Manchester, England. The main campus is south of Manchester City Centre on Oxford Road. The university owns and operates major cultural assets such as the Manchester Museum, The Whitworth art gallery, the John Rylands Library, the Tabley House Collection, and the Jodrell Bank Observatory – a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Eligibility for the Dean’s Scholarship Award:
To be considered for this award you must:
- Have submitted an application by the deadline for a Ph.D. programme to start in September 2023.
- Hold (or expect to achieve) a first-class or 2.1 UK honors undergraduate degree (or international equivalent).
- Ideally, hold a master’s qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent).
- Be able to demonstrate potential for academic research. This may include undergraduate projects, placements, internships, contributions to publications or articles, promoting research to a wider audience, prizes for previous work, or setting up collaborations with other groups.
- Be able to demonstrate involvement in broader activities, e.g. outreach, volunteering, community engagement, engagement in EDIA, and other extra-curricular activities
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Postgraduate Research
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Value of Award:
- Tuition fees at the international rate
- Annual maintenance stipend equivalent to UKRI minimum stipend rate
- £1000 Research Training Support Grant per year
Method of Application: Dean’s Doctoral Scholarships work on a nomination basis, the lead supervisor will consider you for nomination and will support you through the process.
It is important that you have had considerable contact with the supervisory team during the application process and that they are familiar with the fact that you wish to be considered for funding. In order to be considered, applicants must apply for a place on the Ph.D. programme of their choice as early as possible before the advertised funding deadline.
Application Deadline: March 30, 2023