The 2023 Association of Commonwealth Universities PhD Scholarships
Apply now for the 2023 Association of Commonwealth Universities PhD Scholarships on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. These PhD scholarships offer support for research projects on Commonwealth-related themes. 2 scholarships are obtainable each year;
- One for students registered at UK universities
- One for students registered at universities in other Commonwealth countries
Applications are received from a wide range of disciplines in the humanities and social sciences, but preference may be provided to disciplines usually covered by the Round Table journal, including (but not exclusively) politics, international relations, economics, international history, geography, law, development studies, and area studies.
Eligibility Conditions for the 2023 Association of Commonwealth Universities PhD Scholarships
- The first scholarship is available to registered PhD students from UK universities, although not necessarily UK citizens.
- The second is available to registered PhD students from ACU member universities in Commonwealth counties other than the UK and to Chevening and Commonwealth Scholarship alumni who are PhD students at any Commonwealth university outside the UK.
Value of Award: £5,500
Number of Awards: 2
Qualified Countries: Commonwealth Countries
Procedures for Application
Applicants should download the Routledge/Round Table Studentship Awards application form, fill it out, and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17.00 BST on Friday 28 July 2023, followed by a current CV.
The application form requires you to:
- Summarise your proposed research topic for the Routledge/Round Table Studentship awards (100-400 words);
- Summarise your intended outcomes if you are successful in applying for an award (100-400 words);
- Summarise the likely impact of your research and why you think it is important (100-400 words); and
- Summarise how the award would benefit your research (100-400 words).
Your answers can either be typed into the form or sent as attachments.
The form asks for the name of your proposed mentor.
The form also asks for the names of two referees (one of whom should be your current PhD/DPhil supervisor). It is your responsibility to ask these referees for references. They may either send them to you for forwarding with the completed application, or they may send them to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 17.00 BST on Friday 28 July 2023