The 2023 IUCEA World Bank Masters Scholarships for Female African Students
Apply now for the 2023 IUCEA World Bank Masters Scholarships for Female African Students on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The World Bank is engaging with the Republics of Malawi and Mozambique to enforce the additional funding of the Eastern and Southern Africa Higher Education Centers of Excellence Project (ACE II). The ACE II project has produced vital contributions to creating the region’s capacity in a range of priority economic sectors. Nonetheless, given the enormous need for highly skilled labor, there continue to be important shortages in workers with high-level (postgraduate level) skills, particularly in the agriculture sector which need to be met urgently. There also remain restrictions in human resource capacity for undertaking applied research to increase agriculture productivity and food security in the region. With enrolment stagnation in agricultural higher education, the ACE II AF Project provides incentives to participating institutions to focus on expanding outreach and information to prospective students and potential employers with the goal of driving demand for study places and graduates.
As the Regional Facilitation Unit (RFU) for the ACE II AF Project, the Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) directs the enforcement of key elements of Component 2 of the project. Component 2 aims at building strong and sustainable regional partnerships and collaborations to produce competent Masters and PhD holders for the regional market and improve the quality of teaching in higher education and the quality of products and services in public and private sectors.
In order to facilitate the engagement of young African female students at the postgraduate level, IUCEA wishes to enforce a two-year Fellowship Program to provide competitive Masters Scholarships to academically deserving future talents to encourage regional female student mobility. Eligible female applicants who can show interest to undertake postgraduate training in agriculture and related sciences are motivated to apply for the 60 Fellowships available for the 2023/2024 academic year.
Eligibility Conditions for The 2023 IUCEA World Bank Masters Scholarships
To be eligible for the 2023 IUCEA World Bank Masters Scholarships, applicants are required to have met the conditions below:
- Be a female national of one of the ACE II participating countries Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Burundi;
- Be under the age of thirty-five (35) years;
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture and related fields from a reputable university at the level of Upper Second Class Honours;
- Have been admitted in any of the ACEs specialized in agriculture and related fields. In order to promote regional student mobility, the admission must have been obtained from an ACE outside one’s own country of current nationality; and
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts, and academic awards, if any.
The provided financial support for each of the ACE II Masters Scholarships will cover:
- University Tuition Fees: Approximately USD 5,000 per year (payable directly to the Host University according to an official invoice)
- Stipend: USD 500 per month to support living expenses such as housing, food, utilities, local transportation, medication, and settlement expenses
- Research: USD 5000 to support student research, payable upon approval of the research proposal
- Allowance: USD 2,000 one-off allowance to cover visa, laptop, and books
- Air Ticket: A round-trip economy fare for the most direct route between the beneficiary’s home country and the study destination of the Host University
CANDIDATES MUST COMPLETE ALL ACADEMIC WORK WITHIN THE SPECIFIED ESTABLISHED PERIOD OF THE PROGRAM AS THE SCHOLARSHIP CANNOT BE PROLONGED BEYOND A MAXIMUM OF 24 MONTHS
Documents Needed for Application
For proof of eligibility, an applicant should ensure that the following is provided:
- Completed application form;
- Recent passport-size photograph;
- Summarized CV with names and contacts of two referees;
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts;
- Certified copies of passport or national identity card indicating citizenship;
- Copy of admission letter from one of the host universities (please refer to the attached table on Countries, ACEs, and Universities); and
- Two (2) reference letters with contact details.
Procedures for Application
To apply for this Fellowship, interested candidates are advised to
- fill in the application form located at ace2.iucea.org or www.iucea.org
- Attach all demanded documents,
- and send by e-mail to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2023