The 2023 GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security
The 2023 GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security commemorates the creativity and effectiveness of projects that seek to mitigate threats to global security or address global security challenges.
In 2015, under the umbrella of its Creativity and Innovation Initiative, the GCSP and its Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme launched a prize in order to acknowledge deserving individuals or organisations that keep an innovative approach to tackling international security challenges.
The prize is planned to reach all appropriate disciplines and fields. It is planned to promote and recognise excellence in contributing to new approaches to improving sustainable global security. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroots initiatives.
Eligibility Conditions for the 2023 GCSP Prize
- The prize is awarded for projects by any individual, group of individuals, or organisation (from private or public sectors), which contribute to global security and have been submitted for consideration according to these rules and regulations.
- Applications may come from any country, but the projects should go beyond national borders in their reach or thinking and seek to address global security in innovative ways or through new ideas. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research, or grassroots initiatives.
- The prize is intended to encourage and recognise excellence in contributing to new approaches to enhancing sustainable global security.
- The prize is awarded by the Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP), as part of its Programme for Geopolitics and Global Futures, under the Creativity and Innovation Initiative.
- . Employees and staff of the GCSP, as well as their family members, are not eligible participants.
- The winners (first, second and third place) will be announced publicly during an event to be held in November 2023.
- The prize for the application coming in the first position is CHF 10,000 and a certificate of excellence. The two other finalist applications will receive a certificate of recognition.
Procedures for Application
In order to be considered for the prize, applications should be submitted through the online application form and must contain:
- A project abstract of 250 words maximum
- A well-developed project description which should not exceed 750 words in length.
- A description of the technical process of the project submitted (if applicable).
- An estimate of the budget required for the project.
- An explanation of how the project provides a novel contribution to the field of global security.
- A description of the short-term and long-term impact of the project in the field of global security.
- Up to five image files (optional).
Application Deadline: September 25, 2023