The 2023 Generation Google Scholarship
The 2023 Generation Google Scholarship is a program that is organized to assist and promote students who are furthering degrees in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related field. The scholarship is granted annually to students who exhibit academic excellence, leadership potential, and a passion for technology. The 2023 Generation Google Scholarship
The scholarship is available to students from different backgrounds, including students who are members of underrepresented groups in the tech industry. Recipients of the scholarship obtain a financial grant worth 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2023-2024 academic year to assist their education, as well as access to a community of fellow scholars and opportunities to partake in career development and networking events.
In general, the 2023 Generation Google Scholarship is an ideal opportunity for students who have the eagerness for technology to obtain financial support and access to knowledge across the field
Requirements for The 2023 Generation Google Scholarship
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a bachelor’s program at an accredited university or college for the 2022-2023 academic year;
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a bachelor’s program at an accredited university in Europe, the Middle East, or Africa for the 2023-2024 academic year;
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field;
- Demonstrate a strong academic record;
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving the representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology.
Documents Required for Application
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current institution
- Responses to short answer essay questions
Method of Application:
The two short answer essay questions below are intended to assess your problem-solving skills and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Each response to the two questions below should be 500 words or less.
- Tell me about a time when you faced a complex problem without a clear path to a solution. Describe the steps you took to get to the solution in detail. What resources and solutions did you consider? What did you learn from this experience? Keep in mind that this can be a problem you have faced at school, work, extracurricular activities, or home.
- From your personal experience, describe a barrier that prevents equitable access to the field of technology. What do you believe is the root cause? What actions have you taken to address this inequity and what actions do you plan to take? Please focus at least half of your response on the actions you have taken. Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales.
IMPORTANT: Before starting the application, please have the following ready for upload:
- A PDF copy of your resume (if applicable, please include leadership positions, extracurricular activities, and diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts on your resume)
- A PDF copy of your current or most recent transcript (unofficial is acceptable)