The 2023 Jed Child Trust Foundation Essay Competition
Apply now for the 2023 Jed Child Trust Foundation Essay Competition on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. In our bid to aid the African child and to be the champions in educating children in rural areas by combating child abuse, labor, and soldiering through education, we hold different programs and events. Our programs vary from simple, fun discussions about crucial topics to mentoring, empowering readership, and sensitization. The Jed events are our strategies for achieving affordable and equitable education for all African children, especially the deprived. Be part of our events; they are great catches. Every event is different, and we engage stakeholders and authorities to ensure it achieves its objective. Take advantage of this. Signup for one of our events today and be part of our story. Together we can change the African story.
Our essay competition is an annual readership and writing contest for all African students in tertiary institutions and high schools. Yes, it is free and easy to apply. All that is required is to be an African, studying in Africa.
Essay Topic: The Role of Technology in Enhancing African Education: An Open Letter to Policy Makers
The best three essays shall be awarded as follows;
- N150,000.00 (Winner)
- N100,000.00 (1st Runner-up)
- N70,000.00 (2nd Runner-up)
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE 2023 JED CHILD TRUST FOUNDATION ESSAY COMPETITION
- Participants must be currently enrolled as undergraduate students in an accredited Tertiary Institution in Africa.
- Participants must be enrolled as secondary school students in a government-recognized secondary school in any African country.
- Adherence to instructions and passion for education and technology.
- Ability to speak to policymakers and demand a change in the educational curriculum.
- A clear line of thought and possible curriculum recommendations.
- Creativity, innovation, and originality.
- Ideas, concepts. Word limit, Grammar, and Unique writing style.
- Descriptive language, Good diction, and mastery.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND FORMATTING
- An abstract of 300 words or less that propose and summarizes the topic.
- Submissions must be new original work that has not been previously published (this includes articles published in your school newspaper, on other websites or blogs, or even as part of your graduate thesis).
- Any references made within the work to other studies or publications must be credited and noted. However, submissions will not be considered and may be removed if they are primarily a collection of links to other articles.
- Participants should be active followers of all Jed Child Trust Social Media Handles. ( Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, Youtube, Tiktok)
- Your name or identifying detail must not appear on the essay’s body.
- Individuals may submit only one article to the competition, not more than one.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- Website: Essay Competition Page (Form)
- The entire competition will be held online.
- All concerned participants are needed to register and submit entries on the website.
- Registration and submission will take place simultaneously.
- Registration and submission of entries must not exceed the stated end date as the website will cease to accept submissions afterward.
Application Deadline: August 28, 2023August 28, 2023