The 2023 Westerwelle Young Founders Programme – Autumn for Entrepreneurs from Emerging and Advancing Countries
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme (WYFP) seeks to build a stage for entrepreneurs from emerging and advancing countries to take their enterprises to the next level. The Programme is a holistic, knowledge–driven, and tailored acceleration programme offering financial and strategic support to young founders.
The Autumn 2023 cycle of the WYFP will come with a host of new support measures for entrepreneurs from emerging and advancing countries. The Programme will feature a unique peer-learning and network system that empower and facilitate collaboration between young founders from around the world.
The Young Founders Programme is a unique 6-month fellowship for excellent young entrepreneurs from emerging markets. It brings together leaders worldwide, who are united in the pursuit to gain entrepreneurial greatness. The 2023 Westerwelle Young Founders Programme – Autumn for Entrepreneurs from Emerging and Advancing Countries
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE 2023 WESTERWELLE YOUNG FOUNDERS PROGRAMME
In order to be eligible for the 2023 Westerwelle Young Founders Programme, applicants are required to have met the conditions below:
- You are a citizen or resident of a developing or emerging country.
- You have recently (in the last five years) started a for-profit company focused on developing or emerging markets.
- Your company possesses a scalable business model that has generated revenue or secured a first round of external funding.
- You or your business possesses disruptive qualities that can increase the quality, impact or inclusiveness of the industry.
- You possess a good working knowledge of English.
- You are available to attend the digital kick-off conference and can make time to participate in programme activities for six months.
- Kick-Off Conference: A two-day digital kick-off conference will take place on September 4 and 5, 2023.
- Remote Programme: From September – February, the Young Founders will receive six months of support including a personal mentor, monthly peer learning sessions, monthly expert workshops and networking opportunities with corporates and investors.
- Berlin Conference: The ten best-performing Young Founders will be invited to a five-day conference in Berlin in May 2024. During this conference, the founders will have the opportunity to pitch in front of investors, participate in workshops, join networking events and get insights into the German start-up scene.
MERITS OF PROGRAMME
A unique experience with a successful entrepreneur or investor, who becomes your sparring partner.
Exchanges with other successful young founders of the cohort to share knowledge and support each other.
In-depth sessions on relevant topics with high-class experts.
Access to new business opportunities by being connected to programme alumni, partners and other members of the Westerwelle Foundation network.
Exposure to the Berlin Startup Ecosystem through a fully funded 5-day conference together with the other founders for the top 10 participants.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
The following application will provide our Programme Team with an understanding of your startup and profile. Please hold the following key elements ready:
- Your startup pitch deck
- Basic financial information (i.e. revenues, funding)
- Your LinkedIn profile and/or CV
With these on hand, the application will carry approximately 20 minutes. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Interviews with shortlisted candidates: August 16-29, 2023
Notification of all applicants: August 31
Application Deadline: August 13th, 2023