The 2023 United Nations Teach4SDGs Programme for African Students
In an effort to encourage sustainable development and educate the future generation about the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), AIIDEV Africa has established the second cohort of the Teach4SDGs.
The Teach4SDGs programme is a 12-week intensive training that contains 10+ advanced workshops, lectures, comprehensive readings and assessments, and practical projects that will allow school educators to heighten their understanding of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The programme will cover the 17 SDGs and their targets, as well as relevant topics such as Education for Sustainable Development (ESD), Climate Change, Environmental Sustainability, Green and Circular Economy, Project Management, Technology and Innovation for Educators.
The purpose of Teach4SDGs is to empower teachers with the resources required to educate the next generation to reach a sustainable future. The project will prepare teachers with the knowledge, skills, and tools they need to effectively teach their students about the SDGs and support the integration of the SDGs into the existing curriculum.
By incorporating SDG-based education into the curriculum, the project aims to promote sustainable development, increase awareness, and motivate action toward achieving the SDGs.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE 2023 UNITED NATIONS TEACH4SDGS PROGRAMME
- Application is open to all Primary and Secondary School Teachers both in Public and Private Schools across Sub-Saharan African countries.
- Ability to commit at least 4 hours in 2 days per week throughout the training programme. All sessions will be conducted in the English language.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 20 – 45 years.
- Availability to partake in virtual training and conduct SDGs Activation in your school.
- Interested in being a development and transformation agent who promotes student learning about the SDGs.
MERITS OF SCHOLARSHIPS
- Acquiring advanced knowledge and skills on the SDGs, ESD, and other concepts of Sustainability.
- World Recognition and Certification for outstanding performance and contributions towards the achievement of the SDGs.
- Build and connect with a network of like-minded Educators committed to promoting sustainable development.
- Gaining access to mentors who will provide guidance and support throughout the programme.
- Developing practical skills in project management, community engagement, and advocacy.
- Building their resumes and enhancing their career prospects.
Application Deadline: July 28, 2023