The 2024 Australia Awards Fellowships and Professional Development Short Courses
Apply now for the 2024 Australia Awards Fellowships and Professional Development Short Courses on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The Australia Awards present the next generation of global leaders a chance to begin study, research and professional development in Australia.
Australian organisations such as government institutions, business and non-government organisations are qualified to apply. Organisations must be legal entities with an Australian Business Number and must be able to display links with partner organisations in participating countries, and give in-kind or financial contributions to support Fellowships. Individuals cannot apply.
Australian organisations must ensure that all nominated Fellows meet the following general eligibility requirements:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the Fellowship
- Not be a permanent resident or be applying for permanent residency in Australia or partner of someone who is
- Be a citizen of an eligible country
- Not be current serving military personnel
- Be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs for (DFAT sponsored) student visas subclass 500
- Be able to participate in the Fellowship.
- Be able to travel without family members as DFAT will only fund and provide visa support letters for individual Fellows, not their family members
- Fellows with a disability that requires assistance must travel with a career
Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
AREAS OF FOCUS
Fellowship programs must align with the following six development priority areas:
- Climate change, adaptation, resilience and green energy transition
- Gender equality, disability equity and social inclusion
- Digital Economy (including cyber, critical technology and media engagement)
- Maritime and the Blue Economy
- Infrastructure and connectivity
Australia Awards Fellowships offers short-term opportunities for in-Australia study, research and professional development activities, hosted by Australian organisations and do not lead to academic qualifications. Application rounds are held through a competitive selection procedure.
Australian organisations can ask for funding of up to AUD $34,500 per Fellow, to a maximum of 15 Fellows to cover:
- Return air travel and relevant in-Australia travel
- Training costs
- Accommodation and living expenses
- Medical insurance costs when in Australia (for Fellowship holder only)
- Special assistance for people with disability
- Program overhead fee.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- Applications for ROUND 19 are now open and must be submitted ONLINE via Smartygrants.
- Applicants have until 11.59pm (AEDT), 7 November 2023 to submit their online application.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted for assessment.
- Emailed or faxed applications will not be accepted for assessment.
|11 October 2023 (9.00am AEDT)||Applications open online via Smartygrants.|
|7 November 2023 (11.59pm AEDT)||Applications close.Applications must be submitted ONLINE via Smartygrants. PLEASE NOTE: You have until 11.59pm (AEDT) on the closing date to submit your online application. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted for assessment.Emailed or faxed applications will not be accepted for assessment.|
|March to June 2024||Australian Organisations will be notified of the outcomes from Stage 1:Quad infrastructure Fellowships Program and other approved proposals for 2023/24 funding.Unsuccessful Round 19 proposals will also be advised. Please note: Feedback on unsuccessful proposals will not be provided.|
|July to September 2024||Successful proposals for 2024/25 funding.|
|No later than six months prior to Fellow mobilization to Australia||Stage 2: Successful Australian Host Organisations to nominate Fellows and reserves, update activity table, confirm travel dates and complete other information via a Supplementary Form that will be made available at Smartygrants|
Application Deadline: 11.59pm (AEDT), 7 November 2023.