The 2024 UK Government Chevening Scholarships Program
The Chevening Scholarships Program is the UK Government’s global scholarships program, which offers financial support for international students at UK universities. In 2024, the Chevening Scholarships may offer up to 3,000 scholarships and awards to students from around the world
Chevening Scholarships promotes outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to further one-year master’s degrees in the UK. Whilst there is no ‘specific’ Chevening Scholar, we are looking for the kind of people who have the passion, ideas, and influence to provide the solutions and leadership needed to create a better future.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR THE 2024 UK GOVERNMENT CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIPS
In order to be eligible for the Chevening Scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry into a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and receive an unconditional offer from one of these choices by the deadline listed on the application timeline.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of His Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, all British Embassies/High Commissions, the Home Office, the Ministry of Defence, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the Department for International Trade and the UKVI), the British Council, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives* of an employee of Chevening Partner organizations are eligible to apply, but if the employment took place within the last two years, you cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organization from which you work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
- Fully funded (flights, accommodation, and course fees are all included), you are free to focus on achieving your professional goals and maximizing the experience of a lifetime.
- You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
- On completing your studies, you will leave the UK equipped with the knowledge and networks necessary to bring your own ideas to life.
Application Deadline: November 7, 2023