The 2023 African Union Commission Internship Program for African Students
Apply now for the 2023 African Union Commission Internship Program for African Students on Trueport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The African Union Internship Program offers an opportunity for interns to complement their educational experience and advance their professional skills and experience through the 2023 African Union Commission Internship Program. The AU internship program is a full-time engagement whereby qualified individuals from mixed academic backgrounds are offered the opportunity to acquire professional exposure within the AU. As an organization that promotes respect for diversity and teamwork, AUC encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Applicants should have an enthusiastic interest in the work of the AU and display the ability to interact with individuals from various cultural backgrounds and beliefs. The 2023 African Union Commission Internship Program for African Students
The main objective of the program aims to expose participants to the workings of the AU at an early stage of their professional careers and strengthen their personal and professional skills. It provides an avenue for participants to obtain hands-on experience in various applicable fields while learning in an intercultural environment. The AU will in addition gain support from participants who possess adequate knowledge and skills in relevant areas and serve as a potential grooming ground for future African Leaders.
In general, interns assist in providing administrative and technical support for the effective implementation of African Union programmes, projects, and activities in the below Department/Directorates:
– Cabinet of the Deputy Chairperson
– Agriculture, Rural Development, Blue Economy and Sustainable Environment (ARBE)
– Economic Development, Trade, Industry, Mining (ETIM)
– Education, Science, Technology, and Innovation (ESTI)
– Infrastructure and Energy (IE)
– Political Affairs, Peace and Security (PAPS)
– Health, Humanitarian Affairs, and Social Development (HHS)
– Human Resources Management (HRM)
– Operations Support Services
– Management Information Systems Division
– Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
– Conference Management and Publications (CMP)
– Office for Safety and Security Services
– Citizens and Diaspora (CIDO)
– Medical and Health Services
– Financial Control Unit
– Office of Strategic Planning and Delivery
– Office of Internal Oversight (OIO)
– Quality Assurance and Control
– Ethics, Integrity, and Standards
– Office of the Secretary to the Commission
– Office of the Legal Counsel (OLC)
– Office of Protocol
– Partnership and Resource Mobilization
– Women, Gender, and Youth (WGY)
– Information and Communication
– Peace Fund Secretariat
– New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD)
Eligibility Requirements for the 2023 African Union Commission Internship Program:
• Actively enrolled in at least the final year of a Bachelor’s degree program OR
• Must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or an advanced/postgraduate (Masters) qualification in a related academic field;
• Be nationals of a Member State of the African Union.
• Be full-time students currently enrolled in the final year of their bachelor or graduate school program.
• Be fluent in at least one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French, or Portuguese).
• Be no more than thirty-two (32) years of age at the time of selection.
• Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity.
• Have not been convicted of any serious criminal offense excluding minor traffic offenses.
• Prior work experience is not required for the internship positions.
Terms and Conditions
• The AU will have no financial obligation towards interns – travel arrangements and cost of accommodation and living expenses will be the responsibility of the interns.
• AU will use reasonable efforts to assist the interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas.
• Interns will not be entitled to any compensation for travel.
• The internship will be authorized only once for three (3) months renewable one time for any candidate
• Interns are not entitled to medical travel or medical evacuation to and from the internship location at the expense of the Commission. Interns shall therefore have individual insurance coverage throughout the duration of the internship.
• Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Proficiency with e-mail and internet applications,
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
• Proficiency in one of the AU official’s working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish, Kiswahili) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Ability to write clearly and concisely
• Be committed to work
• Ability to work harmoniously in a multicultural environment
• Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity
Applications for admission to the AU Internship Program are submitted online.
If you are a first-time user of our online registration system, you will need to register before you can log in. You are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
Applicants must submit the following supporting documents with their online application:
• A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
• A copy of a valid passport or national identity card
• Certified copies of relevant academic certificates
• Current curriculum vitae (CV)
• Recommendation letter for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending
• Upon successful submission of their application, applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been successfully received.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2023.