The AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship Programme 2023/2024 for African Future Leaders
Apply now for The AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship Programme 2023/2024 for African Future Leaders on Trueport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet as applications are now open for the AFRIKA KOMMT 2023 – 2024 Programme. AFRIKA KOMMT! – An Initiative of German Industry for Future Leaders from Africa.
AFRIKA KOMMT! brings together the most visionary young leaders from Africa and leading German companies. Companies profit from the expertise, knowledge, local network, and unique African perspective of young professionals. The African fellows dive deep into the German corporate specifics, German business spirit, and German culture.
Requirements for The AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship Programme 2023/2024:
There are 46 fellowship profiles available for the 12th intake, offered by 9 companies: B.Braun Melsungen, Boehringer Ingelheim, BioNTech SE, Robert Bosch GmbH, Merck KGaA, ODDO BHF, SAP SE, Volkswagen AG., and Siemens Healthineers
- The AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship programme provides an unparalleled opportunity for young, talented African professionals for a one-year career and life transformational experience.
- It is a programme for young, extraordinary African professionals who wish to expand the horizons of their skills, knowledge, and experience and are not afraid to step out of their comfort zone to do so! We strive to facilitate young leaders to drive the economic and social development of their countries by promoting sustainable cooperation with German industry.
At the core of the AFRIKA KOMMT! programme is a one-year stay for African professionals in Germany. During this time, the fellows actively work in their partner companies where they are trained and mentored. Other components organized by GIZ such as language courses, training, and networking events supplement the learning experience.
- The AFRIKA KOMMT! programme is fully funded by the participating companies. As a fellow, all costs related to your participation in the fellowship programme will be covered (flights, accommodation, monthly stipend, training, language course).
- Professional and tailor-made selection process: The fellows of the programme are chosen in a comprehensive selection process that is implemented in close cooperation with the participating companies.
- Language and cultural integration for fellows: The programme begins with German language and cultural integration courses to prepare the fellows for their stay in Germany. The fellows also get an opportunity to visit cultural heritage sites within Germany.
- Management training for fellows: The fellows undergo three modules of intense management training where they advance their knowledge of modern global management practices.
- Professional fellowship in partner company: The young experts spend eight months with their partner companies and are engaged in projects and meaningful work experience.
- AFRIKA KOMMT! Network: The partner companies and the African professionals come together at various networking events, share expertise and drive common projects.
- Alumni phase: After their one-year stay in Germany, the fellows become knowledge and skill transfer ambassadors as alumni in their home countries. A one-week refresher course in Germany or in Africa advances the skill set of the alumni and fosters continued strengthening of the AFRIKA KOMMT! network.
How to Apply for AFRIKA KOMMT Fellowship Programme
- Check the General Candidate Requirements – do you fit the criteria and are you eligible for the programme?
- Check the Available Fellowship Placements and required profiles for the new intake of AFRIKA KOMMT!
- The fellowship placements will only be available during the application phase.
- Your application will be considered for the AFRIKA KOMMT! programme as a whole, however, you are asked to select a maximum of 2 profiles in the application form and to give reasons for your choice.
- Register at https://application.afrika-kommt.de and fill in the application form in English.
- Applications in other languages will not be considered.
- In addition to filling the application form, you will be asked to upload a short presentation about your motivation, an idea for a change initiative, a photo, and your certificates.
Application Deadline: 26th March 2023