The ArcelorMittal Apprenticeship Programme 2024
Apply now for the ArcelorMittal Apprenticeship Programme 2024 on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet.
The ArcelorMittal South Africa is part of the steel company Arcelor-Mittal. The company was originally Iscor Ltd., a South African parastatal steel company. It was established in 1928 and was first listed on the JSE Securities Exchange in 1989.
The Apprenticeship Programme offers candidates with access to classroom and on-the-job training that will enable them to obtain knowledge and expertise in the chosen trade, as well as, acquire a trade certificate after the successful completion of their trade test. The Apprenticeship comprises Training related cost, Personal Protective Equipment, Payment of Institutional Training, On-site Personal Insurance, as well as, a monthly stipend. Opportunities are available across our Vanderbijlpark and Vereeniging Operations.
Applicants must have met the requirements below:
- Minimum of a Grade 12 Qualification with English, Mathematics and Science
- Applicable trade theory and an additional trade related technical subject would be advantageous
- A team player who can also work independently
- Driven, highly self-motivated
- An agile thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Great attention to detail and an aptitude for engineering
Permanent employment on completion of trade test is not guaranteed.
AVAILABLE TRADES INCLUDE:
- Instrument Mechanic
- Fitter and Turner
- Mechanical Fitter
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Commit to and successfully complete the apprenticeship as needed
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment
- Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental policies and legislation
- Achieve trade based technical competencies
- Comply with contractual training agreement
Application Deadline: 31 January 2024