The 2024 DBSA Graduate Trainee Programme
Apply now for the 2024 DBSA Graduate Trainee Programme on Truesport your best worldwide scholarship website on the internet. The aim of this job is to fulfill the Learning & Development mandate of:
- Providing and creating a pool of candidates that have qualifications that are aligned with the critical and scarce skills that are crucial to the Bank.
- Occupying entry level positions that are vacant within the business.
- Talent management strategy for management development which enables succession planning.
- The Graduate Trainee will be expected to participate in a formal learning programme and on-the-job training to develop and expand their professional and personal competencies in their chosen career path.
To be eligible for the 2024 DBSA Graduate Trainee Programme, applicants must:
- Be an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification (i.e. Bachelor’s, Honour’s and/or Masters Degree) and not be furthering their studies in 2024.
- Have no work experience required or a maximum of 6 months experience.
- Be a South African citizen.
- Have an academic record with a cumulative average of 65%+ over final year of study.
- Completion of a degree at a South African University or NQF-level aligned and recognised.
1. DBSA GRADUATE PROGRAMME – GENERAL
- Participate in all engagements required during of the Young Talent programme as determined and scheduled by the leadership team.
- Contribute, participate and deliver on projects as determined by line management and the Young Talent programme.
- Attend and actively participate in all scheduled training as part of the Young Talent programme and/or learning and development initiatives deemed necessary to advance your knowledge/skills (in conjunction with your line manager).
- Participate in any campus activation/career fairs/presentations to promote the DBSA graduate programme.
- Contribute to continuous evaluation and improvement of the Young Talent programme by identifying areas of improvement and success factors which can be harnessed.
2. SKILLS DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING
- Undertake all aspects of task planning, delivery and execution.
- Clarify learning outcomes at the beginning of each assignment.
- Deliver assigned work to the required standard of execution and expected quality, as set out by the line manager.
- Meet task/project deadlines set by line management and take full accountability for delivery against established business goals / objectives
- Communicate effectively within all identified stakeholders.
- Provide regular progress update to the line manager on assigned tasks/projects.
- Solicit regular feedback on outputs, performance and progress during the programme.
- Keep up to date with new developments in the assigned environment through research and make recommendations to management on where and how new technologies and methodologies can be applied.
- Present learnings to key role players in a structured and articulate approach at the end of each assignment during the course of the programme or at predetermined intervals.
- Develop an individual performance plan with input from line manager to monitor and review learning progress and form part of the formal performance appraisal discussions.
- Engage proactively with assigned Mentor to develop a mutually beneficial relationship.
Application Deadline: October 8, 2023.